Sierra Club Members Trashing Griffith Park!

Sierra Club has an annual pilgrimage to Joaquin Rocks at Clear Creek and they leave the trail littered with granola bar wrappers and water bottles. It's a good thing there are responsible members of the OHV community to pick up after thier lazy asses.

How typical.

And yet Karen Schambach continues to spin her web of deceit, saying that 526 miles of the trails just shut down in the Sierras were all cut by ohvs. Hmmm. Ive printed this article, and Ill be saving it.

I just might send a copy of it to Karen Schambachs office, and ask her to publish irrefutable proof that the 526 miles of trails she is referring to were cut by ohvs. To ruin that womans credibility would go a long ways in aiding us in our fight to keep trails open.

Sierra Club has an annual pilgrimage to Joaquin Rocks at Clear Creek and they leave the trail littered with granola bar wrappers and water bottles. It's a good thing there are responsible members of the OHV community to pick up after thier lazy asses.

You should take pictures of this and post up here and on greenie websites.

yes attack attack

You should take pictures of this and post up here and on greenie websites.

X2 - photos the day beofre and a day after the event....Complete with date/time stamps.

Hey, maybe we all can get a calander of events from our local Sierra Club. Mark the dates and locations of their events, and document any environmental infractions with video and photos.

Like my sticker say's, "Sierra Club Kiss My A$$". I have 15 un-used ones!!!

I want to know where all the LEO’s are…with their bad attitudes and ticket books??

Oh, yeah I forgot…hiking isn’t a crime – but dirtbike riding is.

I wonder how all these SC members would react if they were treated in the same manner as we are (when it comes to trail usage).

When is it? We should all follow them in taking pics., picking up there trash, and then notify the ranger's show them the proof and have them ticketed for littering. I am sure if it was done right we could get it on the evening news. Once the word is out we could then begin protesting their hiking trips.

Hmmm...this statement sounds very familiar.

"While rangers have posted new signs telling all to stay on designated trails, many say few, if any, knew which were authorized trails before an official city map was released last fall." Sucks doesnt it jaghoffs. :thumbsup:

Its kinda nice to see them getting a spoonful of their own sh!t. The Sierra Club is a bunch of idiots and they are not only going to lock us out of our areas but they will be locked out theirs eventually too. :thumbsup:

We need to organize, be nice, join in on a hike with our bikes and run em into the ground, use em for traction. Dont forget to take pictures. : )

Hike leader Andy Serrano, who sponsors an evening "boot camp" for the hardiest hikers, said a trail is a trail, with many undesignated paths leading to stairways, bridges and other man-made features.

In some areas, he said, the unofficial trails are the only way to get from place to place, as from Lake Hollywood to Mount Cahuenga.

WAFJ Is he really a leader. Gee, I always thought a trail was a trail and was only posted for non-use. Dumb A$$. I would love to see what Karen Scumbag has to say about this. BISH

Nice find (especially for a Quad Tard!)

This was my favorite quote:

“…They were No.5 and No.6 (level) hikers, the real hot-doggers…”

Bwaaa haaa haaa ha!

Dude, those lever 6 hikers are nuts!!!

"I'm a fast hiker, but I don't blaze new trails," Serrano said. He added that, without the sporting element, many hikers would rather stay home. "They won't come. I wouldn't come.

"I'd go to the gym, where there are pretty girls in leotards," he said. "The smaller trails ... are very steep. You do some technical climbing. There are rocks. They're more challenging.

"The fire trails are like a sidewalk. There's absolutely nothing interesting there."

Sounds alot like:

"I'm a fast rider, but I don't blaze new trails," JoeDirtBiker said. He added that, without the sporting element, many riders would rather stay home. "They won't come. I wouldn't come.

"I'd go to the track, where there are pretty girls in rhinos," he said. "The single tracks ... are very steep. You do some technical riding. There are rocks. They're more challenging.

"The fire roads are like a freeway. There's absolutely nothing interesting there."

Hypocrites...

NEXT TIME GET PHOTOS!!!

I want these.

Nice find (especially for a Quad Tard!)

This was my favorite quote:

“…They were No.5 and No.6 (level) hikers, the real hot-doggers…”

Bwaaa haaa haaa ha!

Dude, those lever 6 hikers are nuts!!!

Have you ever hiked a Level 6 trail mutha Fer? insane man, I tried it once and almost tripped...seriously that $hit is insane....I could have skinned my knee or worse broke a rare Sierra Forest Deer Weed sprout :thumbsup:

When is it? We should all follow them in taking pics., picking up there trash, and then notify the ranger's show them the proof and have them ticketed for littering. I am sure if it was done right we could get it on the evening news. Once the word is out we could then begin protesting their hiking trips.

Now you guys are on the right track!!

Start writing to the land and Park managers, Senators and Congress(person) about all the "resource damage" happening. Take pictures and note date and time. Let's find some Senator some where (like SUWA did, maybe someone from OHIO or New York) and have him sponsor a Bill making it illegal for hikers any where on public lands (State or Federal) to hike off trail unless during hunting season and then only with the proper hunting license

Hike leader Andy Serrano, who sponsors an evening "boot camp" for the hardiest hikers, said a trail is a trail, with many undesignated paths leading to stairways, bridges and other man-made features.

In some areas, he said, the unofficial trails are the only way to get from place to place, as from Lake Hollywood to Mount Cahuenga.

"The smaller trails ... are very steep. You do some technical climbing. There are rocks. They're more challenging.

"The fire trails are like a sidewalk. There's absolutely nothing interesting there."

So what this guy is saying is that hikers should not have to stick to designated trails if they are boring? Nice... Can you imagine the outcry if someone in the OHV community said this to the press after getting caught riping up off trail lands?

lame!

-Peter

This is nothing new. Some of these hikers habitually trespass and it’s not just the Sierra Club, although one would expect their members to be a little more responsible and their leadership to have a little more sack when it comes to working with their members. Hypocrisy and elitism at it’s finest! I have caught and confronted a few and they always have attitude, when they figure out I don’t have the ability to site them they usually get even more arrogant.

The only way to stop them is LE patrolling known areas of this type activity and issuing citations, but a lot of park rangers would rather spend time in easy access areas like parking lots or staging areas. It also appears some agencies discourage their LE from venturing to far alone. At least that has been my observation in the parks and preserves I work.

Sadly what will probably end up happing is the managing authority will just close areas to the public thus really limiting access to the majority of users who abide by the rules. Sound familiar? DT

I just remembered an email a friend sent me about a hike he went on with the sierra club at the Pinnacles a few years ago here is a portion of the text.

Had to be one of the best shows ever at the monument.

The weather was ideal, around 70ish and clear. About 20 something

individuals, a couple in their 70s, all very strong hikers.

And, this is where the downside comes in; With the exception of myself,

Gayle, Leighton and his wife Carolyn, no one seemed impressed with Nature's

incredible show. They simply wanted to get from point A (initial trailhead) to

point B (back to the parking lot) ASAP. It was totally aerobic for them.

These are paid-up members of the Sierra Club, who, one would think, might care a

bit about the beauty they were walking through. One fellow's comment summed

it up: Leighton asked him how he liked the wildflowers. His response; "Blue,

yellow, white, .... what's the difference?"

I vented to Leighton about the pace (we did close to 18 miles in 6

hours), since I had brought Gayle (a novice) along to introduce her to wildflowers,

and she barely had a chance to appreciate them as we raced along the trail.

But, it certainly wasn't his fault, and I remember years ago I had the same

mindset as this group. I should have known better.