Read This Crap!!

Just in case anyone thinks the S.C. isn't trying to shut us all out!

These people are manipulative, divisive and out-right liars.

http://www.gkma.ca/GKMA/SierraClubORVHandbook.pdf

Scroll down to "Close an Area or Trail". Arrrrrrgg! These people declared war on us a long time ago. We must fight back!

wow. that is nasty. when will it be declared that humans are adversly affecting the environment? that is way too easy for some idiot to close an area. I'm glad I live in Canada. I snowmobile and bike right off my yard into some great pine sand trails.

Yeah, this is what we are up against. These people actually believe this shit to the point that its like a religion to them:

• According to the Geological Society of America, where ORV use is heavy, virtually all existing life is ultimately destroyed.

• The noise level generated by a single motorcycle is approximately 10,000,000 times greater than that experienced by a person in a quiet suburban residential area.

• In a 1988 survey 75.1% of those surveyed wanted more protection of ecology. Fifty-three percent wanted less areas open for off-road vehicles (or to eliminate them entirely) while only 16.9% wanted more areas open for ORVs. Seventeen and seven-tenths percent wanted more roads for 4-wheel drive use, while 44.1% wanted less roads or to eliminate them. Fifty-eight and twotenths percent wanted more wilderness. This statewide California survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.2%.
    ORV use, if unregulated, becomes an infringement on other people's right to recreation.
    *I'm familiar with that survey, it was taken, and the forms were made available at hiking trailheads, ski resorts, etc. The OHV community was very uninvolved as the survey forms were not made available in locations we usually frequent.

• Damage by ORVs in even the least vulnerable areas will require periods for recovery measured in centuries or millennia.

........... AND THAT"S JUST THE FIRST FEW PAGES!

I couldn't read any more, it was making me sick.

They are full of lies and contridictions.

i reading through this getting disgusted. here is one thing that pisses me off. "ORV use, if unregulated, becomes an infringement on other people's right to recreation." what about our rights? where do our rights begin and theirs end. unfortunately it seems we all have to fight for our rights. no one is gonna do it for us. our fore fathers had no problem fighting for their rights. i have no problem fighting for mine but where do i start? we need some sort of organization of the ohv community. we also need to start banding together with the other ohv users not talking trash about the other members of the ohv comunity. or we can continue to bitch and bicker amongst the quad riders and the 4x4 guys and then down the road when we go out to ride were gonna come across one big ass closed sign at the entrance to your favorite area. sorry to rant but i just love riding and i feel its EVERYONES right to enjoy the terrain regardless of the vehicle there on so why not fight this fight together.

I agree wholeheartedly that the SC, the Wilderness Society, the Colorado Mountain Club, and all the others are putting forth a bunch of BS in support of their 'cause'. We need to get the upper hand.

What I wonder is this....what are Honda, KTM, Yamaha, Suzuki, Jeep, etc doing to help us retain our right to responsibly enjoy public lands? I am also an avid mountain biker and I recently received the IMBA newsletter and they have the support of all the big and little manufacturers of mountain bikes and their components and the magazines and everyone. Even the BLM contributed over $20,000 to them last year!!

Are our toy manufacturers and dealers supporting our cause? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Are our toy manufacturers and dealers supporting our cause? Anyone know?

Thanks.

You may be unhappy to know that Honda is a proud supporter of the Sierra Club. :thumbsup:

You may be unhappy to know that Honda is a proud supporter of the Sierra Club. :thumbsup:

That's not surprising. I was pretty pissed when their marketing department spun the dropping of 2-strokes in the US as an "environmentally responsible" decision.

Maybe Honda would like to know their supporting a hypocritical group who's members are involved in promoting resource damage as posted else where!

Nice post thillsam!! Spread the word!!! SierraClubbers are ruining the environment!!!

How do you know?? Do we have any proof?? If so, as a Honda rider, I'm beyond unhappy. :thumbsup:

Presuming we can confirm their support of SC, does anyone know how we let corporate Honda know our feelings? For goodness sakes...why in the world would they support a group who is trying to get the use of their products curtailed? They wouldn't be making a political statement to look good in the public's eye would they?

How do you know?? Do we have any proof?? If so, as a Honda rider, I'm beyond unhappy. :thumbsup:

Presuming we can confirm their support of SC, does anyone know how we let corporate Honda know our feelings? ...QUOTE]

Write them letters. State what you said here. Tell them you use their products and you're very unhappy. Tell them you plan to discontinue using their product. Write a letter to every division, motorcycle, cars, lawn mower, snowblower. Hell... write a letter to your dealer.

If just a few of us did this, we would see changes.

Presuming we can confirm their support of SC, does anyone know how we let corporate Honda know our feelings? ...QUOTE]

Write them letters. State what you said here. Tell them you use their products and you're very unhappy. Tell them you plan to discontinue using their product. Write a letter to every division, motorcycle, cars, lawn mower, snowblower. Hell... write a letter to your dealer.

If just a few of us did this, we would see changes.

I actually did that. I found the post here on TT soon after I bought my 450x.

I was quite upset, sent a letter to the dealer, and corperate. The dealer contacted me and said "he thought they did it to get an inside track on what was happening and there was more to it than that, corperate secret stuff but they have our best interest at heart."

I said bullshit but thank you for calling... but they do it because up to this point cars are more important and there the Off Road division has never slowed down.

Never heard back from the corperate office. They even gave me a memeber ship to RedHonda club or something. I tossed it out, if I had anymore money I would have sold it and bought something else just on principle... Unfortunatly I cant afford a bike so I gave money to BRC, ASA and FOOD.

Gawd I wish I kew that about honda, who else is one our sside or against us?

RE: http://www.dailynews.com/ci_8857310

By the time the Sierra Club gets it's ass booted out, the

OHVs,Bikes,Snowmobiles,4X4's,equestrians,rifle & bow hunters,fisherman,gold panners ect will have been gone for years.

It is very concerning that some fellow dirt bike riders I have talked with are all for getting the quads and four wheelers kicked out of the forests and deserts.

Every time someones sport/passion is taken away your passion is a notch higher on the list to be killed.

Time to fight for all these activities whether they are your particular favorite or not.

If we don't stand together they are all gone !

It will be my duty from now on....to run over, and immediately put a bullet in anyones' head who is on the trails taking pictures of ruts...

Well, you have to give the SC credit for being organized and for dedicating the time to figure out how to use the law to their advantage. Do we have an equivalent organization? One which can and does provide manuals for how to keep trails open through legal channels and the citation of applicable regulations?

It will be my duty from now on....to run over, and immediately put a bullet in anyones' head who is on the trails taking pictures of ruts...

An alternative would be to go out and take pictures of hikers traipsing across meadows, garbage left behind by hikers, etc..

An alternative would be to go out and take pictures of hikers traipsing across meadows, garbage left behind by hikers, etc..

In time, wont this be the cause of closing trails to all use?! including hiking?