changing a race bike to a trail bike?

hey i recently picked up the sweetest little 125 and it was always ran at races and is still in that condition,what is the best way to make it more trail/dinking around riding. as far as jetting or mix ratio and gearing your opinions count,thanks.:thumbsup:

Well gearing wise you can go up a couple of teeth on your rear sprocket to give it some more low end. On my 125 that ran great on the track I would occasionally foul plugs on the tight trails due to not being able to open it up very often. I never really looked into it further since I had no issues at the track but maybe a hotter plug for the trail would have helped.

thnks man,thats what i was thinking maybe go to a br8 instead of the 9.

thnks man,thats what i was thinking maybe go to a br8 instead of the 9.

DONT DO THAT!!! :thumbsup:

If you have a problem with fouling plugs, then it needs to be jetted leaner. By switching to a hotter plug, you could cause a nuclear meltdown of your engine.:thumbsup: Spend 10 minutes and switch out a jet instead.

Dont change your gas/oil mixture to cover it up either!

DONT DO THAT!!! :thumbsup:

If you have a problem with fouling plugs, then it needs to be jetted leaner. By switching to a hotter plug, you could cause a nuclear meltdown of your engine.:thumbsup: Spend 10 minutes and switch out a jet instead.

Dont change your gas/oil mixture to cover it up either!

The '05/06+ YZ 125's started coming with a BR8 I'm pretty sure...

Coolant overflow bottle is a nice addition to trail bikes.

Of course you'll need hand guards, RADIATOR GUARDS (not just braces), new gearing, coolant overflow bottle, different tires, maybe heavy duty tire tubes, there's a good sized list to it. But there is a method to the madness.

everything everyone else mentioned plus id also add a fly wheel weight:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: the list is always bigger than you expect

Just ride MX then you dont have to change a thing:busted: sorry i just had to. Def get a fly wheel wieght.

at 32 years old 2 kids and a little over a year on a bike im not starting down the road of mx,just dont think it would pan out for me:cripple:

I thought the flywheel weight wasn't necessary on a 125 and they were better for a 250? :thumbsup:

I thought the flywheel weight wasn't necessary on a 125 and they were better for a 250? :thumbsup:

Idk i have just heard that they "tame" down the hit. But really to make a 125 a good trail bike it would be hard. I think:excuseme:

It will be hard but I wouldnt put a FWW on a 125. You need to ride them on the pipe in order to make it through trails, so youll be above the hit.