What chest protector offers the most coverage?

Broke 3 ribs a month back and think a chest protector that offers more coverage would have helped (maybe not).

Anyway,... What chest protector offers the most coverage?

TIA

it isn't always the chest protector, but i'm not saying they don't help. i was at the track and i fell pretty hard and my chest hid my handlebar side and i was knocked out, i was in the hospital and they told me i had fractured my sternum(chest bone) so i think that if i didnt have my chest protector i would have completely broken it.

But what you should do is go to your local bike shop that sells gear and try on all the chest protectors to see which one gives a better fit and wrap of your body.

Acerbis Zoom (think that's right) is the CP with the most coverage out there.

my dad has a body armer thing. you put it on like a shirt and it covers your chest shoulders back and elbows i cant find it on motosport but if you want to check it out try calling cycle gear

Fox Airframe and Raceframe and also Thor Force. I would suggest a compression suit though. The Thor Impact Rig SE looks the best and I've heard good things on it.

HRP has very good rib protection.

Thanks guys.

I've tried the pressure suit thing but it's just too hot in Arizona for me to wear year round.

I'll check on a few or your recommendations. :thumbsup:

look into a tek-vest. it is mandatory for us in the snocross racing scene. super durable and light and comfy.

Got a link to it?

RXR for sure.

www,tekrider.com For the best coverage, Tekvest hands down. For Snocross they work because of the temperature, we are normally racing in temps no higher then 30 degrees. So the heat is no issue. For a bike, anything above say 60-70 and your gonna be very hot. In Snocross that thing has saved my ass so many times, or should I say my ribs, back, etc... I wouldn't think of racing Snocross without it even if they werent required. But for Moto I think you should look into other options.

I'm also in to buying new chest protector. I already have protector suit of UFO, but for sumer times it just to hot. I think I'm going with these :thumbsup:

PT02084_1526_654.jpg

jdc1-1.jpg

jkiss.jpg

After our experiences using the RXR I wouldn't have anything else on my 10 year old. He's been training the last 2 weeks in mid to high 80's here in Florida and not a peep about it being hot. He rides hard and crashes hard "when it happens" he recovers almost instantly with the RXR on.

Who makes that red/white one? It reminds me of a Thor Sentenial.

ALso, I agree, the RXR probably offers the most protection.

Who makes that red/white one? It reminds me of a Thor Sentenial.

ALso, I agree, the RXR probably offers the most protection.

UFO Plastics

jdc1-1.jpg

jkiss.jpg

After our experiences using the RXR I wouldn't have anything else on my 10 year old. He's been training the last 2 weeks in mid to high 80's here in Florida and not a peep about it being hot. He rides hard and crashes hard "when it happens" he recovers almost instantly with the RXR on.

are you able to slide the leatt in to it so it fits correctly? I wonder if the adult models are the same with this.

HRP has very good rib protection.

:thumbsup: They also have great customer service !!!!!!