Turn signal flasher location???

Hey guys,

I feel a bit embarassed asking but, for the life of me I cannot find the turn signal flasher unit on my 06 TE510. In my mind I'm thinking it may look like one in a car but smaller. I see it included on the wiring diagram in the owners manual but that's no help in actually locating it. I've searched the area behind the headlight, under the fuel tank, and around the battery as well!!! :thumbsup: Anyone care to enlighten me....please!

Tom

don't feel bad, I was unable to locate it on my 08 TE also.

It's behind the headlight, hanging on a bracket that's bolted to the frame's headtube just below the computer.

Hey guys,

I feel a bit embarassed asking but, for the life of me I cannot find the turn signal flasher unit on my 06 TE510. In my mind I'm thinking it may look like one in a car but smaller. I see it included on the wiring diagram in the owners manual but that's no help in actually locating it. I've searched the area behind the headlight, under the fuel tank, and around the battery as well!!! :thumbsup: Anyone care to enlighten me....please!

Tom

Behind the headlight. 2 pronged & can be replaced with one from any auto parts store:excuseme:

The one on the 08 TE, I found on the left, below the seat, near the eletric start remote control switch. Of coarse it was missing on the models shipped to Canada. I've aleady changed the connectors. Make sure you get the right one if you run LED signals.

Flasherleads002.jpg

The one on the 08 TE, I found on the left, below the seat, near the eletric start remote control switch. Of coarse it was missing on the models shipped to Canada. I've aleady changed the connectors. Make sure you get the right one if you run LED signals.

Flasherleads002.jpg

thats it.. wire colors even match up to the manual wiring schematic.

Thanks,

Well,

I finally discovered why I couldn't find the friggin flasher unit....because it has apparently come off and all that I did find were two wires, one red the other black with a blue stripe. Anyway, one problem solved.

Gusgus, you mentioned a different flasher for LED lights! Any suggestions or is this LED type flasher available from any auto parts store?

Tom

Mine had come off the bracket, and one wire had broken. I never was able to find where the bracket is. I could see the slot in the rubber mount on the flasher where it clearly mounted somewhere, but I have no idea where. I repaired the wire and lashed it to the computer mount with a zip-tie.

The local bike shop has ordered it in for me apperantly the "Aprilia" one fits well with the LED flashers. Should have it early next week...

I'll let ya know when it gets here if it works..:thumbsup:

Ya I really should order the"LED Turn Signal, Crash Advantage"

Cuz ya know the other ones I got that do not have the flexible post will snap

pretty well just by looking at them.

Has anyone run these dare I say has had his or her bike fall and the turn signal survived.

I just put them on my bike but they haven't hit the ground yet..

They appear to be very flexible and should withstand impact easily.

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

better photos

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

Ya I really should order the"LED Turn Signal, Crash Advantage"

Cuz ya know the other ones I got that do not have the flexible post will snap

pretty well just by looking at them.

Has anyone run these dare I say has had his or her bike fall and the turn signal survived.

I have them installed front and back and had a couple falls and they survived and then another and one broke. I'll post up a pic later tonight. I've been planning on calling electrosport to see if they think what they think. It doesn't seem like it should've broke.