Sign in to follow this  

About to Throw my Pitbike in the TRASH

Seriously. I have about had it. If I don't get an answer after weeks of looking, I am rolling my Pitster out to the curb and putting a sign on it 'Please Trash' I haven't ridden in weeks. Why? Because it seems no one in this ****ing country has steering bearings that fit my 2007 X4R. Part-330/22 ordered from different dealers, all wrong, and apparently no one has them. Everyone says they should work, but the fact is, they DONT. If you think you would like to prove me wrong, please I BEG you show me how a smaller bearings can take the place of a larger one.

I'm over it. what a piece. if anyone, anyone knows how to get this part, I owe you..

:confused::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :ride:

I'm sure you've prolly already tried this, but have you called the guys at Pitster? Surely they have replacement parts for their own bikes in stock, or are able to reccomend a suitable replacement. On a side note, if it makes you feel any better I missed a month of riding with motor issues. I know you're busy with work, school and everything and like most of us riding is your escape......but have patience, you'll get it sorted out and be back on track soon.

Seriously. I have about had it. If I don't get an answer after weeks of looking, I am rolling my Pitster out to the curb and putting a sign on it 'Please Trash' I haven't ridden in weeks. Why? Because it seems no one in this ****ing country has steering bearings that fit my 2007 X4R. Part-330/22 ordered from different dealers, all wrong, and apparently no one has them. Everyone says they should work, but the fact is, they DONT. If you think you would like to prove me wrong, please I BEG you show me how a smaller bearings can take the place of a larger one.

I'm over it. what a piece. if anyone, anyone knows how to get this part, I owe you..

:confused::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :ride:

ill take your bike... not sure about the bearings though but there is a company here in town that can specially make bearings

Part# 330/22.........Is that the part number labeled on the bearing or the race? Typically there is numbers etched into both. If these are the numbers marked on the bearing I will go in the back and see if I got any that will match up.

Plus, the upper and lower bearings are usually different. Check them both and let me know.

I got a set from SGR-USA.com and they were right. Should be 23.5mmID and 44mm OD (race) on bottom and 22mmID and 44mm OD (race) on the top.

The bottom bearing is a press fit. You should not be able to just slide it on. It takes a shop press or heating the bearing and freezing the stem to install it.

What is the specific problem you are having?? I have been through the whole steering bearing drama myself and can help you get it straightened out. Just let me know what specifically you are finding and I'll see if we can get you sorted out.

Hey don't do anything yet!!! I got those bearing on the way . Mike had already had me get them for you.

Well, there you go. If you have a problem installing them, don't hesitate to ask here. Should be plenty of help.

I'm sure you've prolly already tried this, but have you called the guys at Pitster? Surely they have replacement parts for their own bikes in stock, or are able to reccomend a suitable replacement. On a side note, if it makes you feel any better I missed a month of riding with motor issues. I know you're busy with work, school and everything and like most of us riding is your escape......but have patience, you'll get it sorted out and be back on track soon.

Yes and the first one they sent were too small, and apparently they don't have the ones I need.

We found some guy in Nebraska who has some that are the measurement, but different part number...I absolutly need my bike. This is stupid.

ill take your bike... not sure about the bearings though but there is a company here in town that can specially make bearings

I shouldnt have to have bearings specially made for a bike that is a year old, and is common place in the pitbike world.

Hey don't do anything yet!!! I got those bearing on the way . Mike had already had me get them for you.

ahhh okay i know, but i can't help but wonder as he thinks there is a chance they won't work. I mean dang. If you think your wives are bitchy on the rag, you have no idea when it comes to my bike. My poor poor bf

I got a set from SGR-USA.com and they were right. Should be 23.5mmID and 44mm OD (race) on bottom and 22mmID and 44mm OD (race) on the top.

The bottom bearing is a press fit. You should not be able to just slide it on. It takes a shop press or heating the bearing and freezing the stem to install it.

What is the specific problem you are having?? I have been through the whole steering bearing drama myself and can help you get it straightened out. Just let me know what specifically you are finding and I'll see if we can get you sorted out.

i'm keeping this and forwarding it along. Thanks a TON

HM, just give up and bring it down for me next time you are down here...:thumbsup:

oh this is 61stepdad on other boards...:thumbsup:

Why not try a local parts (CarQuest ect...) or implement (John Deere, Ag-Co, ect...) dealer? Just get your meausurments and have them order them in. Most good parts houses have a cross reference cataloge. Actually the implement dealers probably have the right bearing on the shelf cause it probably fits many applications.

Why not try a local parts (CarQuest ect...) or implement (John Deere, Ag-Co, ect...) dealer? Just get your meausurments and have them order them in. Most good parts houses have a cross reference cataloge.

That's not gonna happen. These are a strange size and I have been through all the major bearing manufacturers and auto parts houses. Noone has them in these dimensions but the pitbike sellers.

This size however is fairly easily obtained because the X4, OGM, Thumpstar and many other midsize bikes use this size.

ahhh okay i know, but i can't help but wonder as he thinks there is a chance they won't work. I mean dang. If you think your wives are bitchy on the rag, you have no idea when it comes to my bike. My poor poor bf

I am the nebraska guy, If he gave me the correct measurments they will work.

damm....

i would have just retro fitted bearins from a completely diffreent bike...

KX85 bearing s would be damm close i bet...

I am the nebraska guy, If he gave me the correct measurments they will work.

So are they going out today? or no? cause my bike is being picked up tonight or tom to be brought back to OK, and I swear to god, I am going to launch this piece of shit off of a ramp into a lake. Now I'm getting confused cause Mike says he has the right bearings but the wrong races. What. the. hell. That's it I'm getting my ramp out.

So are they going out today? or no? cause my bike is being picked up tonight or tom to be brought back to OK, and I swear to god, I am going to launch this piece of shit off of a ramp into a lake. Now I'm getting confused cause Mike says he has the right bearings but the wrong races. What. the. hell. That's it I'm getting my ramp out.

He better get me an address to ship them to.