Babies!

So, one of my close friends just had a baby, and I'm just in complete awe. I mean, I've known people who have had babies, but have never had someone I'm really close to have one. For some reason, I've just always been kinda "eh" about babies, but to have a close friend have one, to know this girl, to have been there from when she got pregnant and going clothes shopping and planning, and now all of a sudden, the baby is here...it just amazes me! She had him last night by c-section, and called me like a half hour after she had him, to tell me about it. My own sister didn't even bother to call me when she had her babies!

So this morning, I got to go visit them at the hospital, and was just so honored to be able to be there, b/c they didn't really want anyone to be there, besides a close friend or two, so that they could share that time with each other. So I got to be the first one to hold the little guy, besides his Mommy and Daddy! I don't know why this has just touched me so much, but it has...just to think that yesterday at this time, he was in her belly, and now he's here and real and a little tiny person....lol....I'm sure I sound like a complete dork....it's just that I still feel like I'm 12 or whatever sometimes, and that I'm not ready to have a baby, but to have a close friend have one...kinda makes me think that maybe I could do that, lol.

OH, and here's a question for some of you moms: so this friend planned to have her baby yesterday, they started her on meds the night before to get everything going, but nothing happened, so they went ahead last night and had a c-section. Well, I told another friend about that, and she was just appalled. I mean, I guess I've never thought about it, but is that normal, to just plan when you're going to have your baby instead of just having it whenever it comes?

:thumbsup: And here's a pic of the little guy, his name is Davis Brock Tyler, and he's stinking adorable!!!!

photo-1.jpg

careful, holding babies can cause pregnancy. my best friend had twin girls, and then somehow, ten months later, i had a girl. :thumbsup:

she's three now.

kailee.jpg

and then 18 months later, another girl popped out. its a fever.

and he is adorable. i love little baby boys. so innocent. and then they grow up.

Great picture. Thanks for sharing. I love babies. Especially my own. My babies are 15, 13 & 10. Never a dull moment to say the least.

that's great !!!! it's even more of a trip when it's your own baby! way way more!!!!! that's a really sweet picture of the two of you too :thumbsup:

as far as people scheduling birth, I think a lot of people do it today. It does seem weird though and I wouldn't choose it for me(if everything was normal I mean). With my second I did have to pop him out by the end of the month or insurance wouldn't pay(some knd of COBRA thing), heh, I managed :thumbsup:

so what kind of bike is he riding? :confused:

that's great !!!! it's even more of a trip when it's your own baby! way way more!!!!! that's a really sweet picture of the two of you too :thumbsup:

as far as people scheduling birth, I think a lot of people do it today. It does seem weird though and I wouldn't choose it for me(if everything was normal I mean). With my second I did have to pop him out by the end of the month or insurance wouldn't pay(some knd of COBRA thing), heh, I managed :thumbsup:

so what kind of bike is he riding? :confused:

Insurance tells you when to have the baby? That's crazy!!

Haha, his Daddy really wants a bike, but his Mom had a friend that was killed on a sportbike, so she's dead set against it. Hehe, I keep working on it though, told them that I'd thought about selling my dual-sport to buy a sportbike and a maybe a real dirtbike too, so his Dad was like, well, I'll buy it! Hahaha, this guy is a pretty tall guy, lol, told him he might look a little funny on my xt225, but heck, I'd do it, if that means he could have a bike! :ride: And don't worry, I'll keep working on him, so that when the baby grows a little, he can have one too, even though his Mom says no, lol. :ride:

My wife is an RN in labor and delivery and we've actually talked about that before. It happens all the time. Not the hospital she works in now, but one of the hospitals she worked at certain Dr's were known to opt for a cesection so they can go home.

that's great !!!! it's even more of a trip when it's your own baby! way way more!!!!!

Yeahhh what she said only times infinity. There are no words to describe holding your own child. The first time it looks up at you and smiles, when it says MOM.

He is a cutie.

my brothers girlfriend just had her first child 2 months ago, boy, they named him kody, i call him scruffy.

My Brother has a son last year and they named him Marshall. I dont care for the name so I started calling him "Marshmellow" and from there is became "Jet Puff" and now it is "Jet" LOL

My dogs have simple human names but all these other names just flow out of my mouth with this silly voice when I talk to them. They respond to all of the names. My Husband hates hearing me talk to them. He rolls his eyes. He doesnt get it, but the dogs do!

They are so awesome, I still can't believe he was in my belly!

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

DJ just turned 7mths!

Your friends baby is adorable!

precious babies....they awwww so cute!

here is my lil guy! born feb 27 '08

babyshower089.jpg

babyshower091.jpg

babyshower079.jpg

babyshower073.jpg

Very cute babies!!

I have a friend who the doctor is going to induce to work around her husbands work schedule! Now a days this seems to be pretty normal...

I heard a story when i was taking L & D in nursing school about a doctor who induced a baby a week early so he could go on vacation and he ended up getting the babys due date wrong so the baby was really premature!! So it can go both ways!! kinda scary...

careful, holding babies can cause pregnancy. my best friend had twin girls, and then somehow, ten months later, i had a girl. :thumbsup:

she's three now.

kailee.jpg

and then 18 months later, another girl popped out. its a fever.

and he is adorable. i love little baby boys. so innocent. and then they grow up.

She's adorable!! I hope that someday when I have kids, I can manage to have a girl, my father-in-law wants one really bad, lol.

They are so awesome, I still can't believe he was in my belly!

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

DJ just turned 7mths!

Your friends baby is adorable!

Hehe, and he's on the computer already!!!!

here is my lil guy! born feb 27 '08

babyshower089.jpg

babyshower091.jpg

babyshower079.jpg

babyshower073.jpg

Wow, he's really cute! My sister has done her baby room in all Pooh stuff too, it makes for an adorable theme!

Very cute babies!!

I have a friend who the doctor is going to induce to work around her husbands work schedule! Now a days this seems to be pretty normal...

I heard a story when i was taking L & D in nursing school about a doctor who induced a baby a week early so he could go on vacation and he ended up getting the babys due date wrong so the baby was really premature!! So it can go both ways!! kinda scary...

That is scary, never thought about the doctor getting the dates wrong...seems like that could wind up being really bad for the doctor, if something wasn't right with the baby...could be a bad lawsuit.

Dont normally post in Thumpettes forum, but just wanted to chime in... I love babies.. Well, I must, because I have raised 4 so far...

Then theres this one...

scan0001-1.jpg

If you look from left to right, you are seeing my new babies head, its right hand is up by its forehead..

:thumbsup:

Babies are awesome. Kids are great! Have yourself one Dawner, you wont regret it! :thumbsup:

Dont normally post in Thumpettes forum, but just wanted to chime in... I love babies.. Well, I must, because I have raised 4 so far...

Then theres this one...

scan0001-1.jpg

If you look from left to right, you are seeing my new babies head, its right hand is up by its forehead..

:thumbsup:

Babies are awesome. Kids are great! Have yourself one Dawner, you wont regret it! :thumbsup:

LOL, welllll, that's an awfully big committment...not sure I'm quite ready for that yet....lol. But kids are fun, I'll give ya that!

LOL, welllll, that's an awfully big committment...not sure I'm quite ready for that yet....lol. But kids are fun, I'll give ya that!

No rush.. Youre young. Enjoy life minus the commitment for a while longer, get your traveling and such done. Theres always time to have babies.. :thumbsup:

But just think of the cost involved once they start to get older:

Multiple Sets of Gear = $$

Multiple Bikes / Quads = $$$

Bigger Trailer = $$$$

Bigger Motorhome - $$$$$$

DSCF0960.jpg

DSCF0997.jpg

Having your kids actually WANT to spend time with their Dad = PRICELESS!!!!!

But just think of the cost involved once they start to get older:

Multiple Sets of Gear = $$

Multiple Bikes / Quads = $$$

Bigger Trailer = $$$$

Bigger Motorhome - $$$$$$

DSCF0960.jpg

DSCF0997.jpg

Having your kids actually WANT to spend time with their Dad = PRICELESS!!!!!

Boy! You are not kidding!! But nothing beats riding behind your kids and watching them ride. So much fun! Tell your friend I have a PW50 with flames on it, signed by Ricky Charmichael, that I'll sell her.

Jawbone02-0821.jpg

Jawbone02-0822.jpg

The family that rides together, stays together!!

Ahh, babies. Seems like yesterday when the babies dad almost passed out when the oldest was born due to the fact that he did not realize babies come out BLUE! LOL, now that same boy is grown and his fiancee' is pregnant, so I will be a grandmother. The youngest is now 9 and rides a KX65. Time flies with our wonderful kids, and they grow and make bigger mistakes, so enjoy the fun little ones. They grow up fast and DRIVE!....scary.

Lisa