Sign in to follow this  

Honda Dealer!!!

I went to the Honda dealer yesterday to pick up a new 450, i was going to get the black limited edition with the black plastics and black rims. It was $7399. (i think). Anyway, While i was there i noticed they had a left over "2006"CRF450 (RED) for $4999. i couldnt believe how cheap it was. Now i dont know which one to get. I was planning on ordering a One Industries Graphic kit anyway and it would almost be worth just to buy the black rims if i realy had to have them!!!! I know there are a couple of changes from 06 to the 08 models but i dont race professionaly. Im just going to be going to the local track (EnglishTown, NJ)!!!! So what you guys think i should do??? I appreciate your advice!!!

if i was rocking ur nikes i would get the left over and throw the extra $$$ into it. im not up to code on honda's so i donno the diff in the years but id be willing to be u would be happier with a modded bike then a mean looking stocker... thats just my 2 cents

if i was rocking ur nikes i would get the left over and throw the extra $$$ into it. im not up to code on honda's so i donno the diff in the years but id be willing to be u would be happier with a modded bike then a mean looking stocker... thats just my 2 cents

i agree, i would much rather go with a 2 year older bike for less money and just put my own mods on it, plus you can buy black rims for the track and keep the other stock rims for when you go to the desert =] thats what my friend does.

Buy the cheaper one and with the left over $ get a back up 250F or a 2 smoke.

Buy the cheaper one and with the left over $ get a back up 250F or a 2 smoke.

could do that, but then again its more money in the long run trying to keep up the maintenance on both of them.

i would buy the older one.. cuz last year (07) i bought a crf45r 05 for about that price and it was brand new at the dealer.. its a great deal trust me.. either u can put some money into it or buy another bike like the dude above said..the 450r's arent hard to maintain its just idiots who see a problem and instead of just fix it the let it break and then it messes up everything else and thats when u have problems

i would buy the older one.. cuz last year (07) i bought a crf45r 05 for about that price and it was brand new at the dealer.. its a great deal trust me.. either u can put some money into it or buy another bike like the dude above said..the 450r's arent hard to maintain its just idiots who see a problem and instead of just fix it the let it break and then it messes up everything else and thats when u have problems

true, but honda's are known to be a bit harder to maintain, it also could be just me, i have a 07 yz450f and my brother has a 07 crf450r and i do all the maintenance work on them (sucks cause he is older than i) and he never gives me feed back on how the bike is running so i just keep going through the maintenance intervals like normal, until i come to find out that there is chunks of metal coming out of the motor and then he says "oh yeah i forgot to tell you last time we went riding it had some troubles shifiting"

I bought an 06 for $4600 OTD last October, look around and I bet you can find even better deals now.

Southern Powersports in TN had 18 of them when I was there.

hondas are no different to maintain than the yamahas, the maintenance intervals are the same...plus checking and shimming valves on the Honda is 100% easier due to the ease of access from the frame design and the single cam

get the 06 and spend the extra money on getting the suspension set up for your weight/riding type.

true, but honda's are known to be a bit harder to maintain, it also could be just me, i have a 07 yz450f and my brother has a 07 crf450r and i do all the maintenance work on them (sucks cause he is older than i) and he never gives me feed back on how the bike is running so i just keep going through the maintenance intervals like normal, until i come to find out that there is chunks of metal coming out of the motor and then he says "oh yeah i forgot to tell you last time we went riding it had some troubles shifiting"

Having recently switched from Yamaha to Honda I will agree that almost all of my gripes about the Honda are related to working on it.

The airbox is a cluster****, you have to remove the front wheel (or make a tiny hex key) to remove the lower fork guards. Have to remove the gas tank to get to the spark plug... the list goes on. Overall, I still like my Honda better than my Yamaha.

Having recently switched from Yamaha to Honda I will agree that almost all of my gripes about the Honda are related to working on it.

The airbox is a cluster****, you have to remove the front wheel (or make a tiny hex key) to remove the lower fork guards. Have to remove the gas tank to get to the spark plug... the list goes on. Overall, I still like my Honda better than my Yamaha.

i'm not saying that yamaha's are better than honda's but in my brother case i would go with a honda if i didn't have to do any maintenance on it.

when will my brother get a dang job so i can start charging him?!! he'll be 18 soon can't i do something?!?

Get the 06, especially since you're not a racer. It's a great bike, needs nothing and the differences between it and the 08 are minor unless you're a full-on racer.

Check around on pricing. There are quite a few leftover 07 on ebay for 4900. They are in college PA.

Try and find a better deal...There is a pro selling his 06 for 3000 with 12-15 hours on it.

Thanks,, i appreciate the feedback!! I agree with all of you, i just wanted to hear it from somone else!! I figure if they do the bike for $4800-$4900 that will be about a $2500. savings!!! Thats a decent amount of mods.