Still Have A Bog!!!!

I changed my main from a 140 to 168 but when i was trying to set the timing I was told to make the sqiurt hit the slide and then adjust from there but i couldn't ever make it hit the slide. So is my fuel coming way to late?

I changed my main from a 140 to 168 but when i was trying to set the timing I was told to make the sqiurt hit the slide and then adjust from there but i couldn't ever make it hit the slide. So is my fuel coming way to late?

Personally I have never adjusted my squirt timing, I just threw the o-ring on there and called it good. Typically a bog can be cured with proper jets and a fuel screw adjustment(at least this is my experience).

Is the bog on the stand or while out riding? Can you reset the timing to stock?

Personally I have never adjusted my squirt timing, I just threw the o-ring on there and called it good. Typically a bog can be cured with proper jets and a fuel screw adjustment(at least this is my experience).

Is the bog on the stand or while out riding? Can you reset the timing to stock?

I agree you should be able to get ride of the bog (while riding it, because it still will bog on the stand) by adjusting the air/fuel screw should do the job.

The other thing that will make it bog real bad is to much air or not enough.

We need to know what and all the mods you've done. Its easyer to dile the bike when we all know what you've done to the bike.

I cut out my air box did the ap mod took the screen out of my air filter and took the quiet core out of my exhaust. Last night I put a bigger main jet in from a 140 to 168. The bog is while i am riding at low rpm's and on the stand.

I cut out my air box did the ap mod took the screen out of my air filter and took the quiet core out of my exhaust. Last night I put a bigger main jet in from a 140 to 168. The bog is while i am riding at low rpm's and on the stand.
OK WHAT YEAR IS THE BIKE...If it is 2007-2008 then you need to buy a adjustable needle to move the clip position at the 4-position and a (D) socket to adjust the air/fuel screw at 1 1/2 to 2 turns out.

If its a 2005-2006 they have adjustable needs and you need to set the clip to the 4-position. Then re-adjust the air/fuel screw at 1 1/2 to 2 turns out.

The needle position that im talking about needs to be done and the 4-position means you would be raising the needle, start at the top of the needle and count 4-position down toward the taper part of the needle..

Good luck..

Skeeter

I'm guessing you read the professor red beards ap mod procedure.

I don't think i have seen where anyone with a 450x has had success with shaving the rivet. I would order a new one of those. Take the wire off and use an o-ring. Reset the timing back to stock. Open the air box some more on the right side. Buy a new needle. I suggest buying an NCVS part # 16233-MEN-671 needle from Honda, run it in the 3rd position. Start off with the stock pilot and see how it does. The 168 main jet is fine. 2 turns out on the fuel screw. BTW What elevation do you ride at.

Now let me say this, i do believe the AP timing does need to be adjusted. Which way, i have no clue. Does the squirt need to hit the slide? On the 450x i don't know this either. I have zero bog on the trail with the setup i mentioned, and its not real easy to get it to bog on the stand. But i do think there is a little room for improvement. One day when i get time, i will mess with this AP and see where the screw needs to be. As tatooart said, some just do the o-ring mod and are happy, i have not even done this. Hope this helps. ~ Scott

2006 450X I started with just the o ring and it still had the bog so this is why i wired and shaved the rivet, but i haven't tried moving the needle position. So i will try that and mess with my air fuel mixture screw.

Thanks for all the help and if you guys think of anything else that might help let me know.

riding elevation 4500 ft to 7000ft

I'm guessing you read the professor red beards ap mod procedure.

I don't think i have seen where anyone with a 450x has had success with shaving the rivet. ......

Mine works great thus far.

No bog.

But I've got time between what I did, where it's all set at, and what my jetting is... so, don't ask. Senile has taken my memory. ?

I do have a JD Jetting kit that helped take the guess work out of it all (jetting woes). ?

Mine works great thus far.

No bog.

But I've got time between what I did, where it's all set at, and what my jetting is... so, don't ask. Senile has taken my memory. :confused:

I do have a JD Jetting kit that helped take the guess work out of it all (jetting woes). ?

? Thanks JJ

Seems like a few have tried the rivet thing without success, and ended up returning it to stock. I think it is a pretty precise thing to do, and if not done perfect then problems may occur. I may be wrong, but that is kinda what i remember reading. I think I'm going a little senile myself. :ride:

Hell you guys are to young for that senile stuff. But im guessing when he lowers the clip which raises the needle and adjust the air/fuel screw he will be fine.

I to only added the large o-ring from the JD Jetting kit with the stock 45 pilot-168 main -blue needle at the 4th position- 1 3/4 turns on air/fuel screw-air box sides and top open-T4 procircuit end pipe and its all good.

Hell you guys are to young for that senile stuff. But im guessing when he lowers the clip which raises the needle and adjust the air/fuel screw he will be fine.

I to only added the large o-ring from the JD Jetting kit and its all good.

?

Whats up skoot22. We road last weekend and did 50 miles of good single track technical and a mix of everything els. I wish i could ride with all of you guys some day. Id have to stay away from Johnnyairtime because he gets a little to much air for me, heck ill need a parachute.

There's a few of us going riding Tuesday the 15th out to Charles Manson's Hideout in Death Valley, and a few other spots. Your welcome to join.
That is awesome, of course its probably 8 hour ride and my wife just finish reading the book and would want to tag along, which means 4x4 action for her. But dam sounds like fun post some pics and stay away from the bones. ?

That is awesome, of course its probably 8 hour ride and my wife just finish reading the book and would want to tag along, which means 4x4 action for her. But dam sounds like fun post some pics and stay away from the bones. ?

There actually going to shut the place down for a few days at the end of the month. They think they have 3 possible spots within a hundred yards or so from the cabin where more people might be buried.

I'll take lots of pics. I'm sure DD will too.

http://www.inyocounty.us/Press_Releases/Sheriff/Barker%20Ranch%20Update%203-27-2008.pdf

http://www.desertusa.com/desertblog/?p=2256

skoot22 Thanks for the invite but wont be able to make it. Plus me and the bike i don't think is quit set up yet for the desert ride. But i just read the wright up on that sicko. You guys be safe bring all of your tools and exxx.