Which way?

Is the Counter-sprocket Thread - Clockwise, or Counter-clockwise? Other than being Tighter than :thumbsup: this would be helpful to know, as my Manual does not idicate?

Thanks,

Is the Counter-sprocket Thread - Clockwise, or Counter-clockwise? Other than being Tighter than :thumbsup: this would be helpful to know, as my Manual does not idicate?

Thanks,

Lefty loosy!

I just took my countershaft sprocket off expecting it to a real bee-yatch to get off based on previous threads.

I squirted some WD40 around the nut and let it sit for a few minutes while I flattened the lock washer. I noticed that the washer is cupped and flattened the washer all around to the side of the CS sprocket.

Put a big cresent wrench through the wheel against the swingarm and with a socket and 1/2 breaker bar the nut turned very easily! No pounding, no sumo wrestling moves!

I think the cupping of the washer must still give resistance unless it flattened away from the nut all around. At least that's the way it worked for me last weekend.

Hope this actually helps.:thumbsup:

Thanks - I wasn't sure, as I know that some can be reverse thread. I didn't want to go prying away going the wrong direction!

Thanks again!