200 EXC Fork Refill

I have a 2002 200 EXC that was in need of new seals. I have them all together but do not know how to fill them. I read the booklet and it said 120mm I believe. But 120mm from where? And do I compress the forks to fill them. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Stephen

you measure from the top of the outer tube with the fork fully compressed and spring removed.

This video shows that procedure. good luck.

the best way to measure without going out and buying the actual tool it to cut a top of a spray bottle to length and just pump it the correct height. i did this to my 03 and it was very easy. you should go to ktmtalk.com and look up "remove 3rd bushing" . i did it to mine and the forks are so much better.

the best way to measure without going out and buying the actual tool it to cut a top of a spray bottle to length and just pump it the correct height.

That is a GREAT idea! I never thought to try that. I planned on cutting a section of fish tank tubing and using a syringe that I have for back bleeding brakes. My problem is that the tubing would not retain a perfectly straight line, causing the measurement to be inaccurate. I was planning to support it with a board (a paint stick given free at home depot).

The bottle idea might work...if I can get one that is strong enough to suck up oil!

the best way to measure without going out and buying the actual tool it to cut a top of a spray bottle to length and just pump it the correct height.

This is what I did too. I just used the top of an empty hand soap dispenser.