Sign in to follow this  

Where to get new keys for DRZ?

Do we have to purchase new Suzuki keys from the dealership? I have one key and the key code tag, but want a spare key. Suggestions?!!

The dealership should be able to cut you one. I'd bet any respectible locksmith would have a blank as well.

A locksmith should be able to cut something that will work but OEM keys look better.

Your dealer can order the right key (if you have the #) or a blank if you don't.

If you buy the blank from your dealer, any respectable locksmith will be able to cut it for you.

If you have the key tag you shouldn't have a problem. I didn't have the key tag number so the dealer didn't have a clue which one I needed. There are 4 different keys for the drz's. They are 5.25 a piece and then you have to get them cut. I got a locksmith to make me a key for 4 bucks. I have an '06 drz400s and it took an ILCO blank #yh48. It took him longer to find the blank than it did to make the key, I was very impressed. Also, it works perfect. Although, it's not as pretty as oem.

• Like 1

I have 2 keys for the ignition and old metal tank but none for the steering lock and helment lock. There are #'s written in my owners manual that I think have to do with keys. This is probably the info that the stealership needs.

Do we have to purchase new Suzuki keys from the dealership? I have one key and the key code tag, but want a spare key. Suggestions?!!

I see blanks often on Ebay.

Got a spare for my bike from the hardware store.

• Like 1

Check out my post from 4/06 " Duplicate Keys"