any schools with an mx team? (high school)

i was just wondering if you guys have/had a mx or harescramble team for your school. i wouldnt mind trying to get one started in my school.

haha no not here in california otherwise i'd talk my parents into moving so i could go to that school =] but no never heard of a school with mx as a course lol... no one good enough to teach. and the whole injury thing plus would they support the bikes?

Too much liability I would say, Not to mention expense.

haha yeah, to even get a principle to THINK about mx at a school would be a dream come true lol...

not to mention a lot of people think mx racers are just a bunch of punk kids who like to thrash everything and sunch... i hate stereotypical people, but without them how would america come so far?

a lot of colledges around here have rodeo teams, but no MX teams, that would be way to cool.

my highschool had one back in the 70's when my dad went there. I wish they had it in school now. I bet the cost of the sport is also a consideration.

yea it would be a stretch anywhere especially rhode island but it would be sick. i mean we have a bunch of random teams such as sailing. i bet theres more dirt bikers than sailers in any given school

That would be pretty awewsome, but I don't think they could justify spending the money for something that would maybe affect 5 people.:thumbsup:

if i had anything to do with it i would allow it

my highschool had one back in the 70's when my dad went there. I wish they had it in school now. I bet the cost of the sport is also a consideration.

wHAT SCHOOL DID HE GO TO?? kENNEDY?? gRANADA HILLS??:thumbsup:

They used to have several way back when I hear.

Dad was on the *unofficial* MX team at his school... the Honama Racing team... half 'em were on Hondas and half were on Yamahas.

wHAT SCHOOL DID HE GO TO?? kENNEDY?? gRANADA HILLS??:thumbsup:

Rubidoux. Its in riverside

Rubidoux. Its in riverside

Cool! There were a few HS that had them Kehoe went to kennedy and we Granada had a few guys that were local pros. Indian dunes days!

That would be AWESOME.....my god.....

Who needs the school to set it up, just start up your own high school MX team! Set some rides up, put out some fliers and get the people who ride at your school meet you at the track. Pick a night each week to practice and then when race season comes, have fun!

My buddy and I are the only ones that ride in our highschool, we are on the same race team to.....imagine that :thumbsup:

a guy from my highschool got P.E. credits for riding.... now hes one of the top FMX riders today. go figure haha

private schools maybe? but public i doubt it... expense and it needs to be "equal opportunity" you may have a bike but if someone else joins who doesnt the school is responsible for a bike for him to ride..unless there was a 6500 dollar lab fee haha

Some of my neighbors when I was a kid rode for our High School MX team here in Oregon in the late 70's. But it was gone by the time I got there.:thumbsup: