Uh oh...seasons here

Well the new season is almost here and I slacked off. I planned on training over the winter, but that didn't turn out too well. All I did all winter was pretty much snowboard. I'm 5'7 and 120 pounds (way too skinny). My diet is pretty good, no junk, but I could use more protein. Now the question. With the new season starting in less than a month, what can I do to start getting into shape? I don't have access to the gym, but I have a little weight set laying around somewhere, and I don't really have a bicycle, all I have is a wide open field for running and these weights you strap around your ankles. What should I do?

Work on your core strength with those dumb bells and maybe get some more. Do pushups, situps, crunches, chin ups, leg lifts.

Run. Do NOT use those stupid ankle weights.

Work on your core strength with those dumb bells and maybe get some more. Do pushups, situps, crunches, chin ups, leg lifts.

Run. Do NOT use those stupid ankle weights.

Funny thing is I don't have a clue where they came from. I just found them in my closet one day.

I start with that. Thanks

Why no ankle weights?

Why no ankle weights?

They've been researched to death. They provide no benefit and seem to increase injuries by quite a bit. Your skeleton doesn't appreciate having weight added there.