Sign in to follow this  

07 smr 510 speedo off 12MPH

Not sure how to fix the speedo. but I would love to know how you like the bike, I am just trying to decide between that bike that the KTM smc690.

At what speed is it out by 12mph. That seems like alot of error. Could it be that the speedo is set up for kilometers? If so there was a thread on here just this past week linking to an older thread that described the procedure required to switch over.

Not sure how to fix the speed. but I would love to know how you like the bike, I am just trying to decide between that bike that the KYM smack.

I love the bike very much.

I came off a gsxr 1000 and this bike still feels fast to about 70MPH.

It is the most fun in town and on tight bumpy roads.

It really sucks on the highway.

Trying to ride over 65MPH for any amount of time and you start to feel

like you really want off.

The guy I ride with has an 04 ktm 625smc.

The bike is not as much fun because it is bigger heavier and a little slower.

BUT on the highway I would rather have the 625.

At what speed is it out by 12mph. That seems like alot of error. Could it be that the speedo is set up for kilometers? If so there was a thread on here just this past week linking to an older thread that described the procedure required to switch over.

Yes the speedo is on MPH not KPH.

At 65mph riding beside random cars on the highway and lookin in the window

at thier speedo mine is reading 77mph.

It gets worse as the speed goes up.

I was riding behind a friend at same speed my speed was 124mph and his read 106mph

I am not sure if the 510 is the same but on the 610 there is a option to set the speedo for wheel diameter-SMvsTE. What you describe sounds like about the right amount of error to indicate it is set for TE wheels. It should be in you're owners manual how to set it up for SM.

I am not sure if the 510 is the same but on the 610 there is a option to set the speedo for wheel diameter-SMvsTE. What you describe sounds like about the right amount of error to indicate it is set for TE wheels. It should be in you're owners manual how to set it up for SM.

This subject was in another thread and I think you only have one shot to set it for TE or SM. Here is the link http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616386