Sign in to follow this  

I couldn't resist the pressure (cell phone pics)

I couldn't help it, my friend would not shut up. So I finally put a bump in my seat. I wanna see some seat bumps, to see if my bump job is up to par. Sorry for the pic quality. Opinions needed on the rear fender stickers. Remove 'em? I think they look too bunched up.

l_f429230274dcfdd422401c5c081bf88b.jpg

l_7bf79f827f3eaafb56e8ffa4e347d250.jpg

your freind made you put a bump in you seat.......................what the hell

I always see those bumps on works bikes and stuff. Looks perfect to mee. Kinda cool looking too. :thumbsup: Have fun riding it :thumbsup: I love the newish (05+) YZs. I want one bad but I never get around to selling my bike to buy one.

Thanks, the look is starting to grow on me. I haven't ridden with it yet, by my dude says that it helps him a ton when under acceleration (when your as* is on the seat) and in ruts, when puttin you feet on the pegs ISN'T an option.

what did you buy for foam and how did u do it

My friend Hazelett bought one of those seat covers that comes with the bump. More like a flat 8" wedge of foam. Its roughly the same density of seat foam, foam from an old seat would be great.

This is the seat cover he bought for his 450EXC n the optional foam.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/4808

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/4810

I helped him intsall it cuz I was curious, it wasn't that hard. Then I seen a few bikes on here that the bumps wasn't "wedgey" anymore like the supplied foam and he mentioned it to me.

We pulled more staples and I cut and trimmed the foam to be more of a 1 1/2 -2" "foam stopper". It looked better than the entire piece of foam in under the cover, but the seat cover has padding inside to make traction pads on the outside. Made his bump look a little rounded, not as pronounce as mine. My stock seat cover is pretty tough, but it feels paper thin.

I used the remaining foam, cut another 1 1/2 - 2" off the thickest end and used a rasp to shape it up (easier seen than said). No need to remove the cover completely, just as far back as the bump would aid you. the foam already had adhesive on the bottom, but it wasn't sticky anymore so I put spray adhesive on the back and I couldn't pull it off.

I put mine fairly close cuz im not very big, he is bigger than me so he put his back further. Then I just stapled the seat cover on like I would any other time, just made sure it was tight.

I have a similar feature on my YZ400f. I needed to cut the seat down for short leg purposes, and the feature was a natural addition.

DSCN3240.jpg

I have a similar feature on my YZ400f. I needed to cut the seat down for short leg purposes, and the feature was a natural addition.

DSCN3240.jpg

look good man and i personally think bike look better without clusters of stickers on them but thats just me.

and to fundgh that looks preety good you should get a gripper seat cover or somthing to :thumbsup:

Yours looks good!

I just made one tonight for my YZ250. I will put up some pics tomorrow.

Any suggested spot on the set to put the hump(ie. how far back to put it)?

I got comfortably on the seat, where I would sit the majority of the time. I put mine just about an inch or 2 back from there. Looks like they done the same thing on that honda. Still haven't tried out mine on a trail yet.

I added one to my bike this winter and i do agree it does help

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

I added one to my bike this winter and i do agree it does help

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

i love you:bonk: