Sign in to follow this  

mikuni tm 40 awesome...but?

5.75 for a pilot jet inc postage,the jets are not expensive so you can afford to order a selection of mains for the exhaust when you get it done.you only need the one smaller pilot it will be the correct one.you will get them next day if you order early enough.

49.5 miles per US gallon with some hard riding today. 150MJ, 22.5 PJ, Needle 4th clip. Stock filter, snorkel removed + 1 1/2" hole on top of airbox. GSXR 1000 Ti muffler, 15/42 520 final drive. Happy.

49.5 miles per US gallon with some hard riding today. 150MJ, 22.5 PJ, Needle 4th clip. Stock filter, snorkel removed + 1 1/2" hole on top of airbox. GSXR 1000 Ti muffler, 15/42 520 final drive. Happy.

that is pretty descent fuel mileage, I could live with that................once I get the old girl back from the dealer!!!!

:thumbsup::ride::rant::lol::mad::o

Stock exhaust, modded airbox, uni filter:

135 main, 22.5 pilot, needle clip 2nd position.

One question I forgot to ask;

Will this be the same once I grind the header weld down and change the standard air filter for a Twin Air filter?

ProCycle! You're the Daddy!! :p:applause: How quick was that reply! Many thanks. Jets are in post to me. Fab :ride:

I second that ProCycle (Jeff), you are the MAN!!!:eek: Thanks for your help today with installing my new TM40! AMAZINGLY better over the BST. Thanks all you guys who convinced me to turn over to the pumper side of life! I'll update with mpg's after a couple of tanks! :p:prof::p

thumbs up to procycle from me as well,couldnt have tuned my tm40 without jeffs help.cheers.not forgetting everyone else,jesse,mxrob.etc.awesome forum guys.

I have a couple of question on the TM40 carb. 

I have installed one on my 1999 DR650. Vast improvement. Running 150MJ, 22.5P and needle on 2nd position. GSXR exhaust, header weld has been ground down, after market air filter, drilled airbox. 

Bike starts fine, no choke required. Performance seems good. However it randomly stalls for no reason. I can't tell what its acutally idling at but its a tad higher than I had it idling with the stock carb. 

Secondly there is a nice pop through the exhaust on closing the throttle, but then it back fires, which I guess is a build up of fuel in the exhaust. I would like to eliminate that, and keep the pop.....

Any suggestions?

tks Darrin