Sign in to follow this  

TTR 110 or XR100

I am moving my daughter up. I am trying to decide which to go with. The automatic and e start is nice on the 110. She is coming off a XR70 and was able to do very well on it. What do you think?

What does SHE want? :thumbsup: Best bet is to at least let her sit on both and discuss the various options and get her input too. Really I don't think you could go wrong with either bike.

A blue bike is the next logical step up from a red bike. Everyone knows that. :thumbsup:

Thats not good logic. Once a red rider always a red rider. now thats good logic.

It really depends on your daugther...

Mine was coming of riding the wheels off a CRF50... Got her a CRF80(clutch) and after a few tries, she does not like it at all. I think she's not ready for clutch yet.

Only problem is she is too tall for the TTR110 ou the KLX110. Unless I mod them($$$$$) they are too small :ride:

I will have ot sit down and have a good conversation with a 10 year old girl about clutches and auto trannies... :thumbsup: Could be worst I guess.

They are both two different size bikes. I always try to keep the kids on bikes they can straddle and control easily. I know they grow quick, but I would buy the bike that she likes and feels comfortable on. Now, I am not saying kids are calling the shots on everything...but seeing them on the bike you can also tell what they can handle. Buy smart and flip the bike if you are concerned about losing money. Riding with a clutch? These 100-125 cc bikes have heavy flywheels so they are easier to use. I taught my wife use a clutch on a TTR125...after 3 rides she got it. To me (as a kid) that is the fun part of riding. I really focussed on not stalling so I did not have to kick start. It also teaches the kids to operate vehicles so when they start driving...they are good to go. I enjoy showing the kids and my wife how to operate the bikes. Go for the right size. Otherwise, you might be riding by yourself for a while...LOL KJR

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT MY 7YEAR OLD SON A TTR110 AND HE AND HIS 12YEAR OLD SISTER LOVE THE BIKE. THIS BIKE REPLACES HIS HONDA CRF50. WE TRIED BOTH OF THEM ON A CRF80 (MANUAL CLUTCH)AND THEY HATED IT,THEY FOUND THE CLUTCH PULL WAS TO HEAVY AND JUST ANOTHER THING TO WORRY ABOUT.IF THE KIDS CANT GET USED TO A CLUTCH AND THEN HATE THE BIKE, YOU HAVE JUST WASTED YOUR HARD EARNED CASH. ALL THE BEST FROM OZ. Craig

How old or more importantly how tall is your daughter? When I was looking to move my son up from a TTR 50 my primary choices were the TTR 110 or the CRF 70 based on seat height. The CRF 100 is simply too tall. Wound up with a XR 70 because it was priced right. Before long I will probably install a tb88 bbk because I enjoy tinkering and I believe that he can handle the power. I miss the e-start but it doesn’t seem to bother the him any. I also let him have a fair amout of input because he is the one riding the bike.

If your daughter is getting big enough that she physically needs a larger bike then I would lean towards the XR/CRF 100 based on seat height. Then I would spend a lot of time and patients in the back yard or a large field working on the basics of clutching and shifting. If it’s a hp issue then I would lean towards a bbk because she’s already familiar with the bike’s geometry or the TTR 110 for the e-start. I would try to avoid a bike that is too tall.

I have owned both bikes (TTr90 same as the 110 and CRF100) they are both bomb proof bikes. the 110 is a really tourqey bike. Lots of low end.

The 100 is a pretty easy bike to start out on also. And the 100 has tons of aftermarket parts avaliable for it to really trick it out. Trust me I know. Check out my garage here on TT.

I always buy my sons bikes just a little big. If he can just touch on his toes its about perfect. they grow so fast that by the end of summer they will be flat footing it.

As for learning the clutch its not that big of a deal for kids. They catch on super fast.

But in the end you know your kid and how timid/aggresive they are. My son has been a super aggressive rider from the get go so I had an easy decision as to what bikes to get him. Bigger, better, faster. He is now shredding it up on a YZ85 at 11yrs old.

Oh and depending on where you ride, the bigger wheels of the CRF100 make a huge differance in sandy conditions over the little TTR110 wheels. Its a night and day differance watching him ride with the bigger wheeled bikes over his little TTR90.