Sign in to follow this  

Picked Up Leftover XT225

Got a leftover 07 at at good price. Just want something for short commutes, and a campground/fire road bike in places where the quads aren't legal.

Seems like a sweet mellow little ride. If I like it, might pass it on to the kids later and try a WR250R....but that will be a challenge seeing the WR's are kind of tall for me.

Got a leftover 07 at at good price. Just want something for short commutes, and a campground/fire road bike in places where the quads aren't legal.

If you don't mind, what is a good price on the leftover 225's, I'd like to have one, but my local dealer just quoted a price of $4125 out the door, thought they might do better than that.

They knocked $1,000 off the MSRP, and didn't ream me to bad on the shipping or setup. Tax and license...can't get away from those...so it was a little over $4,000, so I would say your price is in that ballpark.

A couple questions for those familiar with this machine:

What kind of fuel mileage can I expect (California emissions version).

Owner's manual calls for 20W40 oil in warmer weather (desert southwest). None of my favorite oils come in 20W40 flavor. Can't see what would be wrong with a 10W40, as long as the oil is in the 40 weight range when warm.

Fuel mileage should at least be 60MPG. Some are getting near 90 in on road situations. By all means use 10W-40 oil.

You can run pee in the gas tank, castor oil in the crankcase, bulletproof I tell ya! 10-40 will be just fine.