Sign in to follow this  

FMF Q Stealth - super quiet?

There's an advert in the new Dirt Bike for a new line of FMF 2-stroke silencers called Q Stealth.

I haven't been able to find any good info on them yet. I'm looking to make my 200 as quiet as possible. I was thinking of buying one of those snorkel mufflers, but maybe this is a better buy.

Anyone have or heard one yet?

its new and is supposed to be released this month. The Snorkel would be more quiet tho.

Another option is to install the XC-W silencer. It's quite a bit longer, and quieter than stock XC unit. It's not a SA though.

you could probably out the snorkel on the Q. i mean if you really wanna be quiet.

We'll have to see how quiet the new Q is. I'm hoping it's a mid-80's silencer, but the ads I've seen so far say something like 88-89db. That's what my current Q is so no change there. I'm hopeful, though.

I just talked to FMF and they're now quoting a date in June for the FMF Q Stealth - did anyone get one from the batch that was supposed to have arrived last week?

I'm all for lowering the exhaust note. Will installing a Q or Snorkel require new jetting?

man, you could probably run covert spy missions on your bike after that setup. 2 stroke exhaust sound waves don't carry as far as 4 strokes. We don't have to worry as much but the quieter the better. I would imagine that with that setup you'd be on the richer side.

2 stroke exhaust sound waves don't carry as far as 4 strokes.

That is always quoted but my own experience when out in the mountains is that 2 stroke sounds from distant valleys are more noticeable. Could be the higher pitch or that 2strokers rev more than 4strokers when trail riding. If I notice then surely the hikers do. Everyone please keep it quite and stealth so the hikers don't bitch.

I have read that there is jetting problems. Because it quiets the bike to much. I run the Regular Q. No jetting problems. Its on the quiet side. But i run a fmf gnarly also..

I recently installed the Q Stealth on my 250 EXC, and can't really tell if it is quieter than the original hockey stick muffler, maybe a little. Need a sound meter to tell the difference.

I made a couple of videos with the Q Stealth on my 300. This is prior to a small jetting change, which I found it required for part throttle.

Just idling..

Here I ride by a few times. There is a highway about 100 yards away and you can hear the cars go by.