Ohlins 48mxf Forks on 05 YZ250

I recently purchased a pair of 48mxf forks for my YZ and found the "mutter" is seized to the top cap assembly. The mutter is the suppose to move up and down to adjust preload.

Anyone hae these forks and run into a similar problem?

Anyone have these forks and have any feedback on them?

speak to your ohlins importer and get the best info first hand,should be great set up when finished,stock kybs pretty good on my 07 but earlier year forks had some issues but could be fixed also. good luck. phily cee

As per PM, same forks currently on mine, superb piece of kit and the best mod to date. Also have 49mm showa"A" kit forks waiting in the wings to go on. The Showa's will have to be something pretty special to earn there right to stay. Have you tried soaking the top cap in wd40 or equivalent. Mine turn quite freely with a spanner. You could try putting the cap back in the outer tube and clampingt them up in the yokes, then tap the spanner on the preload adjuster each way and see if you can free it. Manuals here,good luck and worth it in the end.

http://www.ohlins.com/Portals/0/documents/manuals/07295-22.pdf

I think Stimps has 3 or 4 sets of the Ohlins forks. He collects forks like I collect silencers.

I think Stimps has 3 or 4 sets of the Ohlins forks. He collects forks like I collect silencers.

hahaha

collect money you will be able to buy more stuff.

Anyone have a good thurough review on these forks? Or the shock, Ive got an 02 and who ever he had do the suspension destroyed it. About how much does it cost?

Don't be cheeky, I collect forks, shocks, pipes, silencers and plastics,,,and tanks come to think of it, and triple clamps and wheels and intakes and airboxes and subframes, I think that is the main extent of my perversion. More accurately anything YZ related cheap on E*ay. Only thing I don't collect is trophies....:thumbsup:

I started collecting e line pipe guards this week. The local shop had several sitting around for 20.00 each. Neat product, but I would be mad at 139.00.

The yz 250 is the perfect collectors bike. Fer changes and a lot of years to work with.