Sign in to follow this  

What oil in my 2004 RM 125??

You're going to get a million different opinions on this one...... Use a pre-mix related oil, specified for a motorcycle. Castors are more expensive, smell real cool, but unless you're running at a high RPM, they'll gum up the powervalve real quick....... AND don't use when under about 40 degrees (will seperate from gas.) Suzuki's oil is good, Yamalube is good.......... a lot of good name brand stuff. Don't fall into the way-oil-lean mixtures (50:1 - 100:1) Your 125 works hard, stick with 32:1 and jet accordingly.... changing oils and ratios will mean re-jetting. Choose an oil, choose a mixture, and stick with it for reliable jetting performance.

You're going to get a million different opinions on this one...... Use a pre-mix related oil, specified for a motorcycle. Castors are more expensive, smell real cool, but unless you're running at a high RPM, they'll gum up the powervalve real quick....... AND don't use when under about 40 degrees (will seperate from gas.) Suzuki's oil is good, Yamalube is good.......... a lot of good name brand stuff. Don't fall into the way-oil-lean mixtures (50:1 - 100:1) Your 125 works hard, stick with 32:1 and jet accordingly.... changing oils and ratios will mean re-jetting. Choose an oil, choose a mixture, and stick with it for reliable jetting performance.

ok, well i live in montana so there willl be some cold rides....and im not a very experienced so im not gonna be at high RPM;s all the time....

i use blue marble (mineral oil) in my snowmobile, but should i go synthetic for this beast?

thanks guys!:thumbsup:

engine. sorry should have been more clear on that...
i use mobil 1 2t racing premix amsoil also good pretty much any syn oil also i go 44:1 w/ syn 40:1 is good benchmark also premium gas use a ratio rite cup for accurate amounts