Sign in to follow this  

Gel Babe Seat for XR650L

Hey 650L riders, I need to help out a friend. She gets to ride on the back of an XR650L on some long, painful trips.

Does anyone know, can you reccomend a good gel seat for the partner position on that bike. I think it's a 2003.

Her hubby, let's call him Mr. Cruel, makes her ride on the back fender..................and the tool bag. I asked her if he at least takes the tools out. No.

So can you guys help with a reccomendation? She is a sweet gal, rides and let's her kids ride, just has this problem with Mr. Cruel.

Thanks from a fellow XR rider, 400 and loving it.

RBR

Mr Cruel needs a ass whopping. I strongly advise you to stay away from Corbin seats. They don't back up their product. If they build your seat wrong they will not refund your money (look for the fine print in their website). The seat they built for my 'L' would not line up with the mounting holes, it was an inch off!!!!! A $375 so called Cadillac of seats with no company back up of product. I notified my credit card company who I have been with for decades and they went after Corbin and got my money back.

By the way Corbin seats weigh as much as a boat anchor. Guts seats are very nice with a good staff who want to do things right for you.

Yeah, couldn't believe it when she told me. I don't know what is wrong with him other than he may not know where to get a better seat. She tells me she loves him. I won't argue with her, not my place. Definitely want to help tho.

Corbin doesn't seem to have what they need anyway. Do you have a link to the Guts web site?

Guys, I'm not finding anything on the web for Guts Seat. Do you guys ride double on your XR650? Please send me a link to their web site if they have one.

Thanks

Gutsracing.com

Also goes under the name of gutz. I have one of their seat covers on my xrl and love it. Good luck.

OK, found that but their online catalog doesn't show much. I'll contact them to see if they have PDF files. Is your XRL seat extend further back than the stock seat?

I think we need to see a pic of said "babe" so people will be able to point you in right direction. :thumbsup:

Twinkie Poo my girl

bikerchick-fat.jpg

What kinda gas mileage are ya gittin'

Seems like I am fillin' up ALL THE TIME!!!!

Oh. and my girl dont even notice the tool bag. But sometimes, I cant seem to find it. Dunno, crazy things happen.

Twinkie Poo my girl

bikerchick-fat.jpg

Oh. and my girl dont even notice the tool bag. But sometimes, I cant seem to find it. Dunno, crazy things happen.

Doh! :thumbsup: I think you may need some suspention mods too!

sorry guys no pictures. She is a Cali girl, long curly blond hair, looks good in v necks and tight black jeans. Her hubby is stupid and extremely lucky.

BTW Ripper, congrats on the GF. OOOOW I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.:thumbsup:

I've got a travelcade gel seat on my xrl, they're very comfortable but are the same length as stock.

http://www.saddlemen.com/luggageindex.html

A sheepskin pad might help but the best would be an airhawk inflatable pad. Last time I hauled a passenger I doubled over some eggcrate mattress foam and bungeed it over the toolbag. :thumbsup:

Twinkie Poo my girl

bikerchick-fat.jpg

RipperFox, we're going to have to change your log-in ID to Captain Ahab, hunter of the great white whale!:thumbsup:

-Joe