Sign in to follow this  

Suspention Question?

I am 6'2 and 150lbs I was considering sending my suspension to factory connections so they could revalve it and set it up for me is it worth it.

P.S. I mainly ride tracks and I am a beginner/intermediate

Getting suspension set up properly for your size/weight/ability is always worth it. Plus they'll put in fresh fluids and make sure everything is working properly.

Like El Marko said it is ALWAYS worth it. I have actually read alot from the diffarent companies and have come to believe that MB1 is actually the best for Honda's. BUT Everyone has THEIR OWN favorite company. Do your research and choose the one YOU think you will like the best and use them.

yes its worth every penny.. You will gain alot more confidence around the whole track because you will be able to charge through the rough sections without thinking twice.. Faster entrance/ exit of corners and straights will cut off seconds of your lap times :thumbsup: Factory connection is really good with Honda's.. There are about 4 companies id trust with my bikes now.

There is a huge difference between a beginner and an intermediate MX'er. Be sure you describe your skills accurately to whichever shop you use or you'll be unhappy with the results.

An intermediate MX'er will usually be able to hold there own for a couple of laps with a local pro.

Most novices will jump almost everything, but be slow in the corners compared to an intermediate.

A beginner, is well, still learning how to jump and corner.

There is a huge difference between a beginner and an intermediate MX'er. Be sure you describe your skills accurately to whichever shop you use or you'll be unhappy with the results.

An intermediate MX'er will usually be able to hold there own for a couple of laps with a local pro.

Most novices will jump almost everything, but be slow in the corners compared to an intermediate.

Your descritions are right for the most part but an Intermediate hold their own with the pro???:thumbsup: Not even. thats only B class. Maybe the A class riderrs will hold their own with a local pro for a couple laps. AND you can be a slower intermediate rider as well, it would not make sense to get novice suspension if you are running the Intermediate class, even though what you describe as a novice is that of a slower intermediate rider as well.

That's good advice. Be sure to tell the suspension company that you're a Novice/Beginner. There's no shame in admitting that because at one time, we were all in the same place.

Thanks for all of the tips novice is were I am I do all of the jumps but am pretty slow in the corners

I am 6'2 and 150lbs I was considering sending my suspension to factory connections so they could revalve it and set it up for me is it worth it.

P.S. I mainly ride tracks and I am a beginner/intermediate

Instead of sending your suspension off to be adjusted, I would suggest eating more. It will be cheaper in the long run:thumbsup: @ 150 lbs, how do you manage to stay on the bike?

Instead of sending your suspension off to be adjusted, I would suggest eating more. It will be cheaper in the long run:thumbsup: @ 150 lbs, how do you manage to stay on the bike?

I am in the same boat as he is. I eat ALL THE TIME. :thumbsup: I just cant gain weight.:ride: I do handle my 4fiddy very well though:ride:

I have been trying to eat more and workout so I is easier to hang on to the 450 it throws me around good sometimes.

Install new springs for your weight then evaluate the valving. The stock valving is set up for track riding and, in my opinion, pretty good. Valving adjustments are for riding type (i.e. enduro, track, woods, etc.) and skill not weight.

Should I look into getting new linkage with the new suspension?

No reason to spend the additional $$$ at this point unless you have cash to burn. Just get the suspension revalved properly and you will notice a huge difference right away.

Knowing your skill level and what you want out of your suspension is most important. I had my suspension done by RG3 years ago when i was a beginner, and although they probably did a good job, i couldn't really feel much of a difference. I actually feel clicker adjustments now at my current skill level more then a complete re-valve by a company like RG3 when I was starting out.

BTW - There are some fast inter. out here in CA, no doubt some of them can run with A's and pro's

SANDBAGGERS!!!!!

Thanks for the good advice I will think about the suspension and hold off on the linkage thanks