New Black DRZ400S..... New member too hello!

I just put money down on a Black 2008 400S. It was pretty hard to find one in my part of the country. The bike due in at the dealer any day, and it will be the first off road bike I've had in quite a few years.

Anyway, Hello, It's good to meet you all.

Bob

Welcome. Start reading all the stickies at the top of the forum they are soooo helpful. I hope your bike comes in soon. I get mine at the end of next week!

Welcome, you will enjoy this forum! :thumbsup:

(QUOTE = Start reading all the stickies at the top of the forum.)

And save some money for all the new mods. It's a sickness without a cure!:thumbsup:

Wecome aboard!

Ya, I've been looking at stuff on ebay. Don't know where I'll start just yet but I will need something to pack a few things in, so probably a rack, and something to lash on it. I've only seed a couple of sources for aftermarket goodies, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Congrads on your new bike!:thumbsup:

You are gonna love your S.....Here's mine. FCR, 3x3 mod,full Yosh, MCCT, Edge tail light with 602 blinkers etc. What a difference from stock. Good luck on yours and welcome.DSCN2756.jpg

You are gonna love your S.....Here's mine. FCR, 3x3 mod,full Yosh, MCCT, Edge tail light with 602 blinkers etc. What a difference from stock. Good luck on yours and welcome.DSCN2756.jpg

OK I think I have it..... (only been on the site for one day)..... FRC = Performance carb with accelerator pump, 3x3 = strategically placed hole in the air box, full Yosh = Titanium free flow exhaust, MCCT = Manual cam chain tensioner, Edge tail light gets rid of the hangey downey braker offer, 602 blinkers = itty bitty rear turn signals.

How'd I do? :thumbsup:

So is the automatic cam chain tensioner that one part on the motor that just isn't right, kind of like the doohickey on the KLR (different chain I know)?

The earlier model DR-Z's had issues with the automatic cam chain tensioner putting too much tension on the cam chain and wearing and tretching it prematurely. I believe 03 and later Z's have a upgraded auto tensioner but most here still don't trust them ....so for $48 at TT you can feel better about the longevity of your cam chain. They are easy to install, do a search here and you can find pictures and directions and more info. It sounds like you have the upgrade virus....the only cure is $$$$. Have fun.

Welcome! I bought mine a year ago and ride it every chance I get.

Ya, I've been looking at stuff on ebay. Don't know where I'll start just yet but I will need something to pack a few things in, so probably a rack, and something to lash on it. I've only seed a couple of sources for aftermarket goodies, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

if your new here look for the 10% off coupon for the tt store its free money use it

i have a RS-3 full system but i like the end cap of the RS-2 can you change caps :thumbsup:

+1 I used mine to buy my helmet. Saved me almost $30.00! TT is awsome.:thumbsup:

if your new here look for the 10% off coupon for the tt store its free money use it

Welcome...HAVE FUN ASAP!