Sign in to follow this  

Auburn/Forest Hill

Hey all you Northern Cal riders.

I unfortunately have an Deathly Ill aunt in Forest Hill, Ca. They just gave her 2 weeks to live. I plan on leaving to see her from phoenix and I know it may sound shitty, but I want to ride up there if I get the chance.

I would NEED guides just in case my frame of mind leaves me in an unfocused situation. In others words I need to clear my head and ride and I would forever in whom evers debt for leading me. I'm an intermediate rider with a 450X(CA. OHV stickered) and willing to take chances and won't puss out if put in a nasty situation. :ride: I will be in Auburn from this Thursday night (24th) to Sunday night leaving Monday (28th)

Anyone out there that knows the area or has any information on the area being closed etc... Let me know as I will leave my bike home if there is no riding up there. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dr. 400

Bring your bike and I can line you out with where to go if I cannot run you around.

PM sent thanks Chickn......:thumbsup:

I'll check this page later tonight, I'm out for a few...

Bring the bike and you will move here...

Foresthill is closed. You may get lucky though as there is talk it may open this week MAYBE. If its closed you will need to go over to GT to ride any decent woods trails.

Me thinks you should get into the aunt thing and not break away. I have been in your shoes, thought these thoughts and learned that at family times you stay with the family. It may seem simple and like you have all this time, but you don't and what happens at these times is the family bonds and little conversations happen over the days you're here, and your family needs you around even if at times there is nothing going on, some things will be happening. YOU WILL MISS important conversations or moments if you run off. Hang with the family is my advice.:thumbsup:

-the skipper.

Foresthill is closed. You may get lucky though as there is talk it may open this week MAYBE. If its closed you will need to go over to GT to ride any decent woods trails.

Me thinks you should get into the aunt thing and not break away. I have been in your shoes, thought these thoughts and learned that at family times you stay with the family. It may seem simple and like you have all this time, but you don't and what happens at these times is the family bonds and little conversations happen over the days you're here, and your family needs you around even if at times there is nothing going on, some things will be happening. YOU WILL MISS important conversations or moments if you run off. Hang with the family is my advice.:thumbsup:

-the skipper.

Trust the skipper, he's right. Family is everything.

I was suppose to leave this morning................I got "The Call" late last night..............

They gave her 2 weeks she didn't make it a week:banghead: I knew I should have went up there last week when I got word of her falling and hitting her head..........

Thanks to all that replied, I feel empty about the whole thing. She was only 67 and having a rare blood disease her whole life. She worked for PSA airlines (US air) in San Diego for years retiring when the airline went under or pulled back after the crash over north park in 1978......

Joyce Scofield is survived by her daughter Justine Broberg of San Diego, son Johnny of Forest Hill, 4 sisters, 3 grand children, and lots of nieces and nephews......

Good day all............:thumbsup:

I was suppose to leave this morning................I got "The Call" late last night..............

They gave her 2 weeks she didn't make it a week:banghead: I knew I should have went up there last week when I got word of her falling and hitting her head..........

Thanks to all that replied, I feel empty about the whole thing. She was only 67 and having a rare blood disease her whole life. She worked for PSA airlines (US air) in San Diego for years retiring when the airline went under or pulled back after the crash over north park in 1978......

Joyce Scofield is survived by her daughter Justine Broberg of San Diego, son Johnny of Forest Hill, 4 sisters, 3 grand children, and lots of nieces and nephews......

Good day all............:thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this. My wife lost her 48 year old aunt a few weeks ago as well. It's a very difficult thing to deal with. Prayers are with you and your family.