Martinfans Hotrodded 'L' Vs. Thumpages stock 'R'

Martinfan, Your overblown, overbuilt L is still so FAT...

...It could barely scuttle out of it's own way. I was doing on the ground nac, nacs each time I passed you!

:ride:?

***Disclaimer: To all 'L' guys, this is just a whacky, silly way of getting a rise out of our great moderator and to keep from hijacking the "Jetting & Ethenol" thread . No real insult intended.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a virtual tie to me:excuseme:

Look closely or pause it as they go by, it was actually two 650Ls. Martinfan30 & Denn10. It was a joke labeling the video as "Desert Tortoises".

I do have seperate video of myself and Denn10 each running across the dry lakebed on my 650R.

What I don't get was Martinfans cammed L running alongside Denns stock L. He must have been just pacing Denn. What I had really wanted to capture was BOTH of them running flat out.

All silly little girls!!!! Where is the air time? Wheelies? All this high speed across a dry lake bed drinking starbucks:banghead: Mr. Tracy your letting these "L" guys get to you. Go 680cc ad never look back, fifty pounds lighter and can pull the whoops at mach 1.

All silly little girls!!!! Where is the air time? Wheelies? All this high speed across a dry lake bed drinking starbucks:banghead: Mr. Tracy your letting these "L" guys get to you. Go 680cc ad never look back, fifty pounds lighter and can pull the whoops at mach 1.

B-DUB,

My starbucks was spiked and I have had a smoke in the other hand...cruise control!?

Awe, I was just striking up some silly fun.

Of course we know what properly setup 650Rs will do in the nasty stuff.

I wanna see how you desert folks do on a tight new-england trail.

Now I just need to make some... just about everything around here is 'quadded out'.

Dave

Ahhh, you gotta love when the quadtards come in and bulldoze your single track.?

Look closely or pause it as they go by, it was actually two 650Ls. Martinfan30 & Denn10. It was a joke labeling the video as "Desert Tortoises".

I do have seperate video of myself and Denn10 each running across the dry lakebed on my 650R.

What I don't get was Martinfans cammed L running alongside Denns stock L. He must have been just pacing Denn. What I had really wanted to capture was BOTH of them running flat out.

I had to keep letting off the throttle to make sure we were both gonna be in the shot somewhat close together. Not a shot at DENNs bike either.

Those air filters were PLUGGED with crap from riding there as well.

Now I just need to make some... just about everything around here is 'quadded out'.

Dave

That's the greatness of living here..20 miles to the north is wooded single track,to the south is desert.

Now about them Quads.. don't get me started:rant:

Dave

I made a great single trak 3 years ago. An awesome 12 mile loop with some narrow washes, twisty turns, had to use just a little blue ribbon on tree branches just to keep me on path. Well this spring most of my trail has been quadded out! Damn 4 wheel geeks turned it to powder!

B-DUB,

My starbucks was spiked and I have had a smoke in the other hand...cruise control!:rant:

I know and with the radio blasting from your faring! Denn10 with his pink basket and tassels. ? It is scary riding with "L" guys.....you never know what they are looking at when you pass them.:ride:

Awe, I was just striking up some silly fun.

Of course we know what properly setup 650Rs will do in the nasty stuff.

I am with you on this, I think this could be another 500 post thread. The never ending thread to let the world know once and for all that the XR650R is the only king of the Thumpers!

Dave

I know most of you guys from other states think the desert is flat and some of you from some states don't even know what a mountain is. (Your mountians are only 300 or 400 hundered feet high, Like in Alabama) But, Southern California goes from desert to 11,500 feet. We ride 2000' above sea level to 9,000' through some of the roughest rocks to tree you can get. There have been some real good pictures of killer rocky single tracks around on this site form So. Cal.......Nothing you guys out East would ever try:p

Most of the "L" guys move on to KTM's anyways........here is one I found on another thread:

KTM-Pink.jpg