Problem with my Gaerne boots

I recently bought some Gaerne Cyphers to replace my old boots, but I have of a quandry. I broke my lower leg last year so I have a kankle, and I can't buckle one of the left boot's buckles unless I pull my riding pants all the way up out of there. Do they make any replacement straps for us bigger dudes? Or do the test fitters at Gaerne have chicken legs?

Well, they are Italian, Italians are notorious for making footwear tight and slim. I've got the same problem with my SG10's except it's at the top where my Thor Force knee guards slide inside the top of the boot. It sucks because I have chosen to wear my knee protection 50/50. I love the boots though, that's my only gripe.

Not to hijack the thread because I would answer if I had one, but I've been thinking about getting my nephew a pair of Cyphers since they're so inexpensive on closeout. How do you guys feel about the sizing, is it pretty true or go a size up?

My Fastbacks are great, they can go quite huge if you want them too. :thumbsup:

Not to hijack the thread because I would answer if I had one, but I've been thinking about getting my nephew a pair of Cyphers since they're so inexpensive on closeout. How do you guys feel about the sizing, is it pretty true or go a size up?

I got mine for $159.99 ar Revzilla.... But what you heard is pretty true. This size 13 Gaerne is just a hair smaller than a size 14 Fox, if that clears it up. Almost a full size big. If his boots are snug already, then I'd order the same size Gaerne and he'll have plenty of room.

Awesome boot too :thumbsup:

So...it looks like these Cypher boots have, generally, a :eek: from everyone. I know there are some sizing issues and I don't have a place I can try them on. Basically, if I wear a size 11 on pretty much every other shoe I put on my foot, what size Cypher should likely be the right one? :p

Thanks!

Might try the Sidi Crossfires next time. I've got fat calves and they buckle over MX pants AND leg armor with room to spare on the straps:thumbsup: Other boots in their line may have the same room. Don't know muself, but these guys should: http://motonation.com/

Basically, if I wear a size 11 on pretty much every other shoe I put on my foot, what size Cypher should likely be the right one?

The new Gaerne sizing fits pretty close to regular US show sizing.

Do they make any replacement straps for us bigger dudes? Or do the test fitters at Gaerne have chicken legs?

On the Cypher, the two lower straps are short and the two upper straps are long. You can buy some long replacement straps and use them in the lower positions for a little more room around your ankle. They only cost a couple of bucks.

The new Gaerne sizing fits pretty close to regular US show sizing.
Thanks CamP! Looks like I may have to order a pair of those Cyphers. They sound like a pretty sweet deal.

Got mine for $160 at RevZilla... Very nice boots, much much slimmer than my previous Fox's, took some getting used to.

Sido Crossfires? I didn't have 4 bills to throw down on boots,...