suspenssion settings

have an xr650l(05) that i use mostly for commutting and is running on pirellys A/t's.i do experience a lot of nose dive when braking and the rear feels really harsh when hitting bumps (a lot of rebound)what settings are you guys running for street?i fiddled with them but i'm not really happy with the settings.any suggestions are welcome.:ride:?

about 150 lbs dry,155 fully wet.sorry for the late reply,found the post 4 pages outdated...stock suspension,mainly street(well there's the speed bumps and the occasional curb)also trying to figure out what were the stock settings?thanks

I have the sag set somewhere between 3 1/2 - 4 inches.I think I should start with the stock settings and start from there while making notes so as to be able to revert any setting that doesn't works,so any input at what the stock settings are will be of great help.

I have the sag set somewhere between 3 1/2 - 4 inches.I think I should start with the stock settings and start from there while making notes so as to be able to revert any setting that doesn't works,so any input at what the stock settings are will be of great help.

with you only 150 lbs you cant really set the sag correctly, you may get your rider sag ok but then your free sag is off. that spring is for like 175lbs but if your not gonna change it i would set the sag a little soft, say right at 4" and then put both clickers in the middle of each and see how it feels. Feedback from how its handling is better than someone trying to say "4 clicks out here and your perfect. Try it and adjust a little bit and see how much better it feels to you, dont just ever take one setup and not test it some. Move the clickers in and out and see what it changes and if its better or worse. GL

O.K. this is what i'm gonna do:set all the adjustments midway on the adjustment range and then move form there.my question about the stock settings is because right then i felt the bike very smooth.I fiddled with the settings once when i was riding some nasty trails so i stiffened everything and it run ok but now on the street and without knobbies its not so good.thanks for the help.will be back...