Just a tip...

Never rinse out your premix ratio cup in the kitchen sink:prof: (for those of you "cool" people who still ride two strokes.) My mom just about killed me when she saw what I was doing.

:thumbsup: Maybe you guys should post up some general tips for everyone on thumpertalk so people don't do something like I did(even though its common sense):ride:

Here's one: When you revalve your forks make sure you tighten the damper assembly to the fork caps sufficiently before heading to Mexico for a 6 day ride. Riding with zero damping is a challenge..................

When I remove any part from my bikes, I always make sure to put the bolt back into the hole it came from. Makes reassembly a helluva lot easier if I'm not spending all my time trying to figure out which location each bolt came from...

When I remove any part from my bikes, I always make sure to put the bolt back into the hole it came from. Makes reassembly a helluva lot easier if I'm not spending all my time trying to figure out which location each bolt came from...

+1

Going with that idea, my dad showed a trick with engine/clutch cover bolts that may be different lengths. Get a piece of cardboard and draw the shape of the engine/clutch. Draw parts in their relative position. Poke holes and put the bolts in the corresponding holes in the cardboard. They all stay in there nice and tight and each one is easy to use for reassembly.

Ratio cup, kitchen sink,mom, piece of cake. My tip for the day is don't let the wife catch you measuring oil with her pyrex measureing cup out of the kitchen.

Ratio cup, kitchen sink,mom, piece of cake. My tip for the day is don't let the wife catch you measuring oil with her pyrex measureing cup out of the kitchen.

Damn! Glad to know I'm not the only "lucky to still be alive, with all body parts intact" member of TT! :thumbsup:

An exhaust plug will dent a truck if left in :thumbsup:

:ride::rant::lol::mad:

And never check your bike's fuel level with the illumination from a Bic lighter!

An exhaust plug will dent a truck if left in :ride:

:rant::thumbsup:

LOL - did that on my CR500 back in the day.... that thing shot about 40 feet out of the can!

Here's my tip for 07 and newer EXC riders...when you drive a 100+ miles away

for a fantastic weekend of riding...be sure to bring the ignition key so that you

don't have to drill out a very expensive switch on a brand new KTM!

Here's my tip for 07 and newer EXC riders...when you drive a 100+ miles away

for a fantastic weekend of riding...be sure to bring the ignition key so that you

don't have to drill out a very expensive switch on a brand new KTM!

Damn thats a good one.

Damn thats a good one.

Lucky I brought the cordless drill!:thumbsup: I drilled it enough that I could jam

the spare key from my wife's quad into the ignition...a friggin' quad key on my

$9,000 KTM...I was feelin' really low...:ride:

My tip for the day, don't have a wife. :thumbsup:

Never rinse out your premix ratio cup in the kitchen sink:prof: (for those of you "cool" people who still ride two strokes.) My mom just about killed me when she saw what I was doing.

:thumbsup: Maybe you guys should post up some general tips for everyone on thumpertalk so people don't do something like I did(even though its common sense):ride:

You should have seen my mothers reaction when she found the cylinders from 2 of my bikes in the dishwasher. It works great to clean them up after honing session, but I forgot to pull them out before she got home.:rant::lol:

You should have seen my mothers reaction when she found the cylinders from 2 of my bikes in the dishwasher. It works great to clean them up after honing session, but I forgot to pull them out before she got home.:rant::lol:

:thumbsup::ride::mad::o:D;)

I have used the stove, the freezer, and the oven but the dishwassher is one appliance that I have never used in the course of a gearhead project.

lol just be like D^%$ whats the big F#$^#$% deal B$%#$% lol no really pour a little gas into your ratio rite and swirl it around and pour it back into your can and then wipe it out with a shop towl/rag, dont waste that oil now:naughty:

I have used the stove, the freezer, and the oven but the dishwassher is one appliance that I have never used in the course of a gearhead project.

lol same here never a dishwasher...when my dad got my mom a new stove the old one went to the workshop for baking painted parts.

this last tare down i did that... i spent an hour looking for those stupid bolts that i put back in... :thumbsup:

i put all my plastics (very muddy) in my bath tube and turned the shower on... my mom had a big fit!

cleaned my air filter with gas in the kitchen sink too... that was pretty funny...