Does anyone know if an XR400 rear wheel will bolt onto an XR650L?

Anyone? I know RockJockey has both bikes, would love to find out. I just bought a 650L and want to put my black Excels over on the 650 and get rid of my 02 XR400. The XR will be parted due to all the goodies.

I wish the gas tanks were interchangable so I could put my 4 gallon Clarke on the 650.

Also, If the hubs don't interchange, anyone know if the rims and spokes will? I can always relace, that would give me an excuse to do some good street oriented tires anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Say it ain't so sbabs! ?

It's tough, but my 250X is really great for my style of trail riding, and for the road, the 650 was a better choice, and both bikes have a button. Honestly, for street, the button wasn't as necessary, but I still like it. :ride:

I'm gonna miss my XR. Great balance of torque and ridability, but heavy for me, especially as I sit here with my back out. Did I mention I couldn't actually bring my BRP home yet? I threw my back out and had to leave it at the dealer.

norgy baby i wish i had a 990 adventure ? i do recall sbabs having a 250x come to think of it. guess he's getting the 650L for commuting or ds riding. they make nice ds/commuter bikes.

just to get norge off my back..i will admit there is a huge conspiracy with in the dirt motorcycle magazines they made the xr400 go away..they promote the ktm's so that every single woods race you go to in country the podiums are dominated by ktm. its not really because they are better bikes its because the magazines want you to believe they are. as i type i am sitting here in a pink tutu with a tin foil helmet with xr400 graphics on it hoping jimmy lewis dosnt catch wind of me letting the cat out of the bag and in turn destroying the reputation of offroad motorcycle magazines forever. mean while this post will take forever to upload as i am on a dos based computer with a 13k connection. im gonna go polish my Pinto Wagon (best car ever made)

Who cares!

Why don't you post this in it's proper forum.

And save the space for more important issues like swingarm bolt removal

and USD conversions.

You 650L lover you ?

You do know that the 650L is the first bike of choice for the gay pride movement and Richard Simmonds look a like club don't you!

Enjoy you new ride!

Who cares!

Why don't you post this in it's proper forum.

And save the space for more important issues like swingarm bolt removal

and USD conversions.

You 650L lover you ?

You do know that the 650L is the first bike of choice for the gay pride movement and Richard Simmonds look a like club don't you!

Enjoy you new ride!

Gay doesn't bother me. They leave me alone (except for you) and/or we get along fine. I'm not phobic in that way.

You're just mad at me cause I don't have any throttle cables and your Edelbrock is broken. You go enjoy the St. Louis Supercross (you're probably there now) without me while I sit here crooked and pissed cause my back is out.

And it was related anyway beeaattch, the XR400 wheel questions does pertain.

Hope you have fun at the races and you sold my ticket.

And hey, if Richard Simmons wants to ride an XR650L, more power to him. He's gonna need a lowering link though.

• 4 months later...