Proper SM helmet.. what do you wear?

Alright, everyone knows that wearing a helmet is for your own good but for sm riders it seems that you could get by wearing almost any helmet be it an mx or full face job. I just wanted to get an overview of what everyone sports on their thinker.. my guess is the majority are mx just cuz thats what I wear but it seems like there is a 'crossover' market that is just waiting to be tapped by the manufacturers here..

Tell us what you rock!

Alright, everyone knows that wearing a helmet is for your own good but for sm riders it seems that you could get by wearing almost any helmet be it an mx or full face job. I just wanted to get an overview of what everyone sports on their thinker.. my guess is the majority are mx just cuz thats what I wear but it seems like there is a 'crossover' market that is just waiting to be tapped by the manufacturers here..

Tell us what you rock!

monster1.jpg this helmet is great and goes well with my bike the pros were it

I don't have an SM, but do have the S and I tend to ride it like an SM. I bought the Shoei Hornet DS and love it. It was a choice between the Shoei and the Arai XD just based on knowing that Shoei fits me well.

I have the Arai XD, great helmet!

arai20xd20helmet20motard20black_310.jpg

sho-x11-rainey_lg.jpg

Not that exact paint scheme, but very similar. Matches my yellow bike and blue jacket nicely.

+1 on that :thumbsup::ride:

Me too!! but not cheap

dan

I sport an HJC CL-SP. Bought it because it was affordable. Love the interchangeable shield system, but its a very LOUD helmet. My old cheapo ZR1 helmet was much quieter.

I always wondered if a more expensive helmet was really that much better. BIG price difference between a HJC and an Arai/Shoei.

hjc-helmets-2006-clsp-raven.jpg

Here's mine.. Arai TX Motard (Japanese spec XD)

70726f647563742f74786d6f746172647664622e6a70670032353000.png

HJC's for me 'cause I get them fo' freeeeeee! Thanks HJC!!:thumbsup:

CLX-4 for the summer. Hopefully it will be replaced by the AC-X3 carbon soon.

hjc.jpg

CL-SP for the fall winter.

hjc2.jpg

HJC FS-10

I wanted the integrated sun visor.

It's a loud helmet though.

I always wondered if a more expensive helmet was really that much better. BIG price difference between a HJC and an Arai/Shoei.

hjc-helmets-2006-clsp-raven.jpg

I used to wonder the same thing. My previous helmets were all HJC, now that I've worn a shoei for the last three years I know the answer. I would not buy a cheap helmet ever again.

I'm new to riding but just got my Nolan N102. I love that the chin bar moves up. I love the way the strap clicks locked and releases with one finger and I love the integrated tinted shield. Not as comfortable as the Shoei but less expensive. I got a great price thru TT and they took an additional 10% off with the coupon. :thumbsup:

Tell us what you rock!

HELMETS001.jpgHELMETS002.jpgHELMETS003.jpgHELMETS004.jpgHELMETS005.jpgHELMETS006.jpg SORRY I WAS BORD I HAVE MORE BUT THATS IT FOR NOW HAHA

Arai Tour x in Grafite grey with 20 % tint on the visor.:thumbsup:

I run a Shoei RF-200 down to freezing. Below freezing, I can't keep the shield from fogging up and run a Snow Rider helmet. I am in the market for a better cold weather helmet.

a full face,the mx lets in too many bugs and rocks...

i've always worn mx helmets even on my sport bike. late afternoon rides i need that sunvisor. full coverage also makes me feel too "isolated" (safe?) if that makes any sense.