Sign in to follow this  

1996-2000 rm250 fork seals the same size even though 1996-98 are conventional?

I am trying to replace the fork seals on my 99 rm250 but every where I look they say 1996-2000 for the fitment,I have 49mm showa's are the 96-98 the same diameter even though they are conventional? I am sick of getting :thumbsup: by the high end companys,

Edit It also says that they fit the klx-drz400 are they 49mm showas as well?

:ride::rant: I am so confused!!!!!!!!

thanks in advance though

As a matter fact, I just rebuilt two sets of 1997 49mm RM conventional forks. Yeah, they're the same seals you need...

Yes, they are the same. But a word of wisdom. Even though they will be the most expensive, make sure you get OEM Suzuki seals. They are NOK brand. If you go aftermarket, they are usually ARS and they WILL leak. I found through much trial and error that the OEMs are the only way to go. And it was hard, $40 retail for the aftermarket, or over $80 for OEM. But if you have to do it twice, well, do the math

• Like 1

all balls seals work-but not there dust seals.Are a little harder to install however.

Yes, they are the same. But a word of wisdom. Even though they will be the most expensive, make sure you get OEM Suzuki seals. They are NOK brand. If you go aftermarket, they are usually ARS and they WILL leak. I found through much trial and error that the OEMs are the only way to go. And it was hard, $40 retail for the aftermarket, or over $80 for OEM. But if you have to do it twice, well, do the math

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: