Sign in to follow this  

pressure wash

I was washing my 150r today used the pressure wash will it be safe and is that a good idea

just dont spray the important part like chain and stuff like that but its not a big deal on plastics and stuff like that

I sprayed the engine a lot and what will happen if i spray the chain

You can pretty much spray down the whole bike including the outside of the motor, just don't spray on the carb or in the airbox. Also plug your exhaust with an exhaust plug. I do my chain all the time, just lube it when your don't washing the bike.

stay away from the major bearings (steering head, swing arm etc...) because the pressure can blow the grease out. Stay away from bearings and seals and you should be alright. As stated before, make sure you cover the airbox (or at least dont direct the spray towards it) and plug your exhaust. relube after your done (pegs, shifter, kickstarter, chain, etc..) you should be good to go!

Tom

just dont spray the important part like chain and stuff like that but its not a big deal on plastics and stuff like that

Actually, unless you are running an o-ring chain, a pressure washer is the best way to clean a chain. You can put the pressure washer's head right up next to the chain and blast all the grime out of the insides of it. No other method will get the dirt out of it as effectively. Just spray the chain down with WD40 when you are done to displace the water. I've been doing this for 30 years and my chains always last longer than my buddies that don't do it.

On the rest of the bike, just keep the pressure washer away from any bearing/seals such as the steering head, wheels, suspension linkage and swingarm. Tape over the airbox vents and muffler outlet with some duct tape as you don't want water to enter either of those areas.

For best results, spray the heavy mud off the bike, then spray the entire bike with Shout Laundry spray and let it soak in for a few minutes. The Shout will melt off all the mud stains and your bike will look like new after you do your final spray off with the pressure washer. The stuff works great and is very inexpensive if you buy it at Walmart. $2 for a 32oz spray jug. You don't need full strength either. I water it down 50:50 to make it last longer and it still works great.

Actually, unless you are running an o-ring chain, a pressure washer is the best way to clean a chain. You can put the pressure washer's head right up next to the chain and blast all the grime out of the insides of it. No other method will get the dirt out of it as effectively. Just spray the chain down with WD40 when you are done to displace the water. I've been doing this for 30 years and my chains always last longer than my buddies that don't do it.

On the rest of the bike, just keep the pressure washer away from any bearing/seals such as the steering head, wheels, suspension linkage and swingarm. Tape over the airbox vents and muffler outlet with some duct tape as you don't want water to enter either of those areas.

For best results, spray the heavy mud off the bike, then spray the entire bike with Shout Laundry spray and let it soak in for a few minutes. The Shout will melt off all the mud stains and your bike will look like new after you do your final spray off with the pressure washer. The stuff works great and is very inexpensive if you buy it at Walmart. $2 for a 32oz spray jug. You don't need full strength either. I water it down 50:50 to make it last longer and it still works great.

thats true.. stay away from bearings as much as possible and carb..:thumbsup: