Sign in to follow this  

Broke the bolt in the Clarke tank, intall gone wrong

Mongo use too much force. Next time Mongo use a little less. :thumbsup:

Showing your age there mate!

dan

It _does_ pay to be a woman:p Just did my clarke today (yes, I did it myself:smirk: ) No broken bolts. When I worry about how tight something should be I put some loc-tite on the thread and do the German precision (Gutten tite). If there is any purchase on the end of the stub, you may be able to 'tap' it out with light touches using a small nail set (no, don't ask why I think that might work:rolleyes: ) GL

AG

It _does_ pay to be a woman:p Just did my clarke today (yes, I did it myself:smirk: ) No broken bolts. When I worry about how tight something should be I put some loc-tite on the thread and do the German precision (Gutten tite). If there is any purchase on the end of the stub, you may be able to 'tap' it out with light touches using a small nail set (no, don't ask why I think that might work:rolleyes: ) GL

AG

Already fixed and SOOOOO happy with my extra mileage. And it withstands a decent fall :thumbsup:

I'm glad it worked out! (literally) I broke a bolt on my ducati pressure plate spring cups once when I misread the torque specs. Its that last time that I 'didn't' use loc tite for when I am in doubt. In my case, the head broke off right at the hub but I could wiggle the remaining stud in its threads. By carefully tapping in a counter clockwise direction with a nail set, I was able to work it out a full turn. the rest was easy:-) GL

AG