Would anyone be interested in...

having a thread detailing a project of stripping a 650R down to the frame and rebuilding, including engine work? It would have complete pictures, part numbers, prices, etc...

Sure, you can do mine first.

I think thats a great idea!!

I'm all for it but,that might take some time...

Have you seen how thick the Honda shop manual is??

I'm all for it but,that might take some time...

Have you seen how thick the Honda shop manual is??

Time is one thing it definately would take, as it would be a weekend project on my 3 days off (6 on 3 off schedule).

I'll hit your gas can if ya do it.

I am about to do a whole 680cc prodject myself. I am thinking of having Ti tranny gearshafts turned, Ti bolts, Chromoly gears, Nikasil cylinder, 10 oz off the fly wheel. I want to see if I can have a XR680cc bike weighing at 280 pounds ready to ride no fuel. I seriously don't think I can do it but, I would like to try. That is with all the extra's; steering damper, skid plate, shark fin, case guard but less the Big Baja Light. 60rwhp with 50 foot pounds of torque. that is the goal for me. That is 75BHP and would be 35% more Horsepower over Honda's stock 55BHP. 20 more horsepower is a little bit of an extra grin factor. The 680cc bike I have know is 58+ rwhp and 72bhp and it is a major thrill, going lighter and adding a few more ponie's would be a kick.

I am about to do a whole 680cc prodject myself. I am thinking of having Ti tranny gearshafts turned, Ti bolts, Chromoly gears, Nikasil cylinder, 10 oz off the fly wheel. I want to see if I can have a XR680cc bike weighing at 280 pounds ready to ride no fuel. I seriously don't think I can do it but, I would like to try. That is with all the extra's; steering damper, skid plate, shark fin, case guard but less the Big Baja Light. 60rwhp with 50 foot pounds of torque. that is the goal for me. That is 75BHP and would be 35% more Horsepower over Honda's stock 55BHP. 20 more horsepower is a little bit of an extra grin factor. The 680cc bike I have know is 58+ rwhp and 72bhp and it is a major thrill, going lighter and adding a few more ponie's would be a kick.

Keep me posted! Sounds great!

Jeez Bruce, you allready ride a rocket ship, and yet you gotta have more?? Serious speed addiction......let me know when it's done, I want to be there for the preliminary dry lake runs..:thumbsup:

Me too. This would make a good sticky.

Well, it all depends on what happens with work. I might just wind up having to sell both my bikes due to personal issues :thumbsup: