Sign in to follow this  

XR250 New Tires + Question

Hey guys well i finally got around to purchasing some new tires for my Honda XR250 1998 and i must say i do like the look and feel of them even though i have only been for 1 short test ride.

Heres a few pictures of the new Michelin Sirac's and please do share your opinions about them and if you have used them because i hope there isn't some major problem with them like the bridgestone deathwings as i have heard about. They cost around $250 AUS combined and looked better then the Pirelli's Dual Sport tires which had been sitting in the shop for over 2 years which had me worried.

dscn1494fu1.th.jpg

dscn1497cy0.th.jpg

I also have just one quick question about the wheel bearings for the front and rear as next time i get a flat or change the tire/tube i will most likely change the bearings but i have no clue what size/type they are? Does anyone have any info for the front and rear bearings on a Honda XR250 1998. I have the 96-04 Honda XR250R manual which is like 103mb and 281 pages but i cannot find the wheel bearing info.

Please any help and opinions are much appreciated.

Thanks guys

Matt

When you take the bearing out of your wheel, just take the bearing to a machine shop and they should be able to tell you right away from the manufacturing numbers on the bearing itself.

Front: 2x6202U Honda Part #: 96140-62020-10

Rear: 1x6203U Honda Part #: 96140-62030-10, 1x6303U Honda Part #: 96140-63030-10

Hey thanks XR250rdr do you also happen to know what size the dust seal/seals are that are needed? So i can order them from Honda before replacing them next time.

P.S could i ask XR250rdr where you get these specifications from for the bearings/seals as i would love a copy of the book you are using. Also do you guys think my tyre selection is alright? :thumbsup:

Thanks M8 just need the seal part numbers and ill be set.

Matt

Hey thanks XR250rdr do you also happen to know what size the dust seal/seals are that are needed? So i can order them from Honda before replacing them next time.

P.S could i ask XR250rdr where you get these specifications from for the bearings/seals as i would love a copy of the book you are using. Also do you guys think my tyre selection is alright? :thumbsup:

Thanks M8 just need the seal part numbers and ill be set.

Matt

Front: 21x37x7 90755-229-003

Rear: 25x40x7 91216-729-921 & 25x47x6.5 91253-033-003

ServiceHonda.com has a microfiche that can be accessed over RDP.

No clue about those tires sorry.

Don't forget to replace the collars (spacers) on both sides if they are worn or show grooves in them where they rub on the bearing dust seals. They should be smooth after cleaning and not show any wear or grooves.

im not sure how it is down under but in the states you can just pop your wheel bearings out and take them to a machine shop supply house and get higher quality bearings for a 1/4 or the price honda wants for thiers