Sign in to follow this  

Here ya go ebeck!

After I restore my 75 Z1, I'll be building

nice bikes.....

my dad bought one new sold it when i was born in 79 then recently bought another and fixed it up. post up some pics i would love to see it.

After I restore my 75 Z1, I'll be building

nice bikes.....

my dad bought one new sold it when i was born in 79 then recently bought another and fixed it up. post up some pics i would love to see it.

Here she is right before I tore it down. My Father bought it brand new in 75.

Camera047.jpg

A couple more....

900005.jpg

900007.jpg

900006.jpg

900004.jpg

It's down to the bare frame now. I'm just waiting on some decent weather to degrease and spray the frame. I opted not to powedercoat because the original build decal is still on the steering stem. I'm going for a trailer queen tha gets ridden. :thumbsup: Just to give you an idea: The original levers had a clear plastic coating that you can't get anymore. I'm going to dip them in clear plasti-dip to get the same effect.

Hey Gary, look familliar?

Bikes001.jpg

Who's this knuclehead? There's a pic somewhere of me sitting on the tank holding the bars and my pops put his hands down at his side, looks like I'm driving down the street. lol Can't do that nowadays.

Bikes002.jpg

Hey Gary, look familliar?

Bikes001.jpg

Who's this knuclehead? There's a pic somewhere of me sitting on the tank holding the bars and my pops put his hands down at his side, looks like I'm driving down the street. lol Can't do that nowadays.

Bikes002.jpg

This post really shocked me...My dads name was "Gary"

At one time he owned the exact bikes in this picture....very cool. I know pictures are a pain to post, but once and a while you make someones day by helping to jog a memory.

Thank You.

This post really shocked me...My dads name was "Gary"

At one time he owned the exact bikes in this picture....very cool. I know pictures are a pain to post, but once and a while you make someones day by helping to jog a memory.

Thank You.

No problem Bro. My Pops (RIP) is on the 900 and his brother, who I only met twice, is on the 350. Both are 75's.

nice bike!!!!! looks just like my dads that he bought new in 75 also.

btw i am sure you know but they are worth a lot!!!!

nice bike!!!!! looks just like my dads that he bought new in 75 also.

btw i am sure you know but they are worth a lot!!!!

Yes I do. That's one of the reasons why I'm not chopping the thing up to make a street fighter or cafe racer out of it. The only thing I may change is the bars, which obviously could easily be replaced.

man, you guys are old :rant:

jk vintage bikes are cool :ride:

LOL - This was my ZX6R I sold in February. A 2000 I bought brand new, only had 3500 (that's thirty five hundred) miles on it.

I had it at 145mph with the wife on the back - lol :thumbsup:

bikes002.jpg

LOL - This was my ZX6R I sold in February. A 2000 I bought brand new, only had 3500 (that's thirty five hundred) miles on it.

I had it at 145mph with the wife on the back - lol :thumbsup:

bikes002.jpg

thats a nice bike

i cant wait until im old enough to get a street bike

wow your poor wife...

jk sounds fun lol