lookin for some new boots

ive been debating on getting some new boots lately, currently i have a pair of Alpinestar Vectors..bottom of the line ASTAR's

They dont seem to offer a whole lot of protection, to me at least, and when its muddy/wet i have no grip at all on the footpegs. I kind of want to stick with Alpinestar, just because mine are really comfortable, but i am open to other suggestions as well...im thinking the Tech 6's would do the job?

I just got my Tech 3's this morning, and just trying them on they feel incredibly comfy. Not bad pricing either, and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

karel kramer of dort rider raves about tech 3.the vector has vent holes by the anxle and water pours in and the 3 strap doesn't offer alot of ankle support.if price isn't an issue the gaerne sg-10 are great boots that hold up.

Gaerne SG-10's or Sidi Crossfires.

ive been debating on getting some new boots lately, currently i have a pair of Alpinestar Vectors..bottom of the line ASTAR's

They dont seem to offer a whole lot of protection, to me at least, and when its muddy/wet i have no grip at all on the footpegs. I kind of want to stick with Alpinestar, just because mine are really comfortable, but i am open to other suggestions as well...im thinking the Tech 6's would do the job?

Sounds like your pegs don't grip as they should...:thumbsup:

Sounds like your pegs don't grip as they should...:thumbsup:

i know its not the pegs...my friend has the same bike, and his boots grip it fine...

but ill look into the tech 3's thanks

I have the Tech 3s and they rock. The ARC Coronas look nice aswell.

I got Alpinestar Vectors at 159 closeout. Killer boots.

Gaerne SG-10's or Sidi Crossfires.

Agreed. The only issue with the SG-10's is that they allow dirt/debris to enter at the top of the boot.

I have tried them all and have found nothing that is as protective and comfortable as the Sidi Crossfire. An added bonus is that when the soles wear out you simply buy a new set for $18 and install them in 5 minutes with a screwdriver. :thumbsup:

I wear Tech 3s and like them, but they still don't feel completely broken in (very stiff, IMO) and I've been wearing them for a while now. I haven't tried any of the tricks like soaking them in water and wearing them until they dry, or lubing the ankles up with WD-40, but I hear those things help.

the tech 3s are a great boot, but if you want a top of the line boot that dosnt cost as much.. try to find some left over tech 8s.. you can find them pretty regularly online, just have to search a bit.. also check ebay.

I haven't tried any of the tricks like soaking them in water and wearing them until they dry, .

This is an old cowboy/cowboy boot trick...Keep in mind they may shrink since/if they're leather. The idea was for them to be worn which would stretch them out and dry around the foot and ankle area. You don't want them too loose otherwise you don't have the support/protection in the ankle area!

budget?

Sidi Crossfire SR's are hands-down the best boot ever. Pretty much everything on it is replaceable, too, so you never have to buy another boot again!

Agreed. The only issue with the SG-10's is that they allow dirt/debris to enter at the top of the boot.

I have tried them all and have found nothing that is as protective and comfortable as the Sidi Crossfire. An added bonus is that when the soles wear out you simply buy a new set for $18 and install them in 5 minutes with a screwdriver. :thumbsup:

i'm with this guy too. SG-10's and sidi crossfires were my favorite boots i've tried. boots i've had bad experience with are alpinestar tech 7s and thor quadrants. the toe section of the boots were so thick that i had to raise my shifter to an unreasonable height.

I have a pair of tech 7's I REALLY REALLY like!

I've only ridden with them twice, then sold the 125 and the 250 isnt quite ready yet, but man these boots are great!

Especially if they're free!!! haha (girlfriend bought them for me! :thumbsup:)