DRZ mods - please help

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum but can already see some great features and useful advice.

I've just got a new DRZ400SM to keep my GSXR600K7 company??? :ride: and was thinking of jumping in with the following mods to increase low end shove and overall power -

1. Yoshi RS2 full system.

2. 3X3 mod (the youtube vid is gr8 - but that hole looks larger than 3X3??)

3. Rejetting kit (which is best kit and can anyone deliver to England at reasonable cost - if Dynojet which stage do i need, 1 or 2?)

4. I take it i'll need a new highflow filter as well?

5. Smaller front sprocket - 1 less touth?

Can you see anything wrong with this? Any help or alternative advice would be gr8ly appreciated. oh, and are there any well tested carb settings for this type of mod which i can pass on to the mechanic doing the work?

Cheers

plum :thumbsup:

If you can afford it, Get a Yosh Ti exhaust

Make your 3X3 exactly a 3X3

Get the James Dean Jet Kit and Kientech extended fuel screw, of cut out the middle man and get a FCR kit from TT

A K&N air filter for a SM is the way to go

If you go smaller on the front, your highway rideablity will suffer. A lot of guys actually go up a tooth. But if you only plan to ride around town, speed 65 or less, then the one tooth down may be fun for added hooliganism.

+1 on everything William 1 is saying. I have done all these. I opted for the RS2 to save some bucks.

If I had it to do all over again I ould just have gone for the Kehin FCR carb instead. Less work and more HP than all the above mods combined.

Santa may put one in my stocking tho.

+1 on everything William 1 is saying. I have done all these. I opted for the RS2 to save some bucks.

If I had it to do all over again I ould just have gone for the Kehin FCR carb instead. Less work and more HP than all the above mods combined.

Santa may put one in my stocking tho.

So, go for the carb for proven performance and perhaps a slip on can for sound?

plum

If you cannot afford to do everything, then the FCR and a slip on is a reasonable alternative. If you think you will save up to get the Yosh Ti (or other full system) eventually, look about for a used exhaust. Buy it cheap, use it for a while then you can probably sell the slip on for what you paid, no money lost.

Mine's keeping my GSXR600K2 company!

You could go for just an FMFor E model header, as the main restriction is the S header. The 3x3 with JD jet kit and Keintech extended fuel screw is the way forward, netting you 2-3hp for minimal outlay and better response. I'm

getting the funds together for the jet kit and some other goodies to make a decent order.

Loook at all us Uk'ers with the same idea! Hi I'm new here but have today picked up my new 400SM to keep my urban tiger blade company :ride:

Have already got the FCR on the way along with some E model cams, I will also be adding the E model base gasket (Canadian or Australian model I am told?) may do the 3x3 and am saving for a Ti Yoshi system. Can't wait :thumbsup:

Don't mess with the jet kit, go straight to the fcr. Fcr and yosh rs2 or 3 best bang for the $$

If you don't have endless budget, take the FCR and mount a second hand header pipe of an E, reuse your old S muffler and open her up a bit. That should help a lot, although not optimal. These E headers are relatively cheap.

If i knew what i know now back in 05 when i bought the DRZ, the first mod would be suspension..

After that i'd get the FCR and do the 3x3 mod.

Add some protection and aluminum bars and you're good to go and these mods will cost you something around $1000 i guess.

Personally i think an MCCT is a waste of money. If my ACCT fails well that is a good excuse to get a bigbore kit.