Sign in to follow this  

Walden practice date changed.

I copied this from the Walden site.

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Open Practice scheduled for this coming Wednesday, April 23rd, has been changed to Saturday, April 26th

This is due to all of the track changes that we have been undergoing and are currently working on.

What are they? Sorry . . . I've been sworn to secrecy by our very awesome track committee.

BUT . . . you gotta see it to believe it!

Better yet . . . experience it for yourself right here on Saturday, April 26th!

Just $30 per rider for the day gets you all the FUN you can handle.

Come early . . . stay late . . . it's up to you.

Gates open Saturday at 8:30 AM,

practice starts at 10:00 AM and we close at 6:00 PM

Well, well. Looks like I am going to be able to ride that practice now that it got changed. I have Saturday off as it stands right now. I need to get out there and clear that jump after the finish, if it's still there. It says undergoing track changes, so it might not be the same jump. Either way, I am going to shred some soil. You going MIKE???

I'm going to try and make it. I can't do Diamondback on Wednesday so maybe Walden on Saturday. I'll let you know.

I will know for sure Monday when I work construction. If my boss asks me to work on Saturday I am going to tell him I have something to do. :thumbsup:

im really anxious to see the new track changes...too bad i wont be able to find out till may...im still putting things back togehter....waiting for more parts to come so i can finish...does anyone have any idea what they are going to change?

Southwick NEMX is on that day:busted:

yeah that's what i'm planning on doing. if something changes i'll be all for walden this saturday.

Well, it's official. I will be going on Saturday as long as it's not pouring in the morning. Did I mention there's only 9 days until I leave for Vega$???!!!!

I live 5 minutes away, there's a chance of showers saturday morning and maybe T-storms in the afternoon. It's a shame because we've had nothing but 75 degrees and sunshine from monday on through.

I can't make it anyway, I'll have to catch the 5/10 practice there and maybe do my first MX race on 5/11. SWEET :thumbsup:

So, any of you guys going tomorrow??? Mike, Dave, anybody.......

yall have fun...im going to my great grandmas, she turns 94 today.

Wow. 94 - That's a big number. Happy birthday great grandma. :thumbsup:

So, any of you guys going tomorrow??? Mike, Dave, anybody.......

No, I cant make it. Dave is racing Diamondback on Sunday. I'll be at Ace on Wednesday unless it's a washout. Let us know how the track is with the changes.

No, I cant make it. Dave is racing Diamondback on Sunday. I'll be at Ace on Wednesday unless it's a washout. Let us know how the track is with the changes.

Mike winchester has a race next Sunday. might you be game for that?

Will do. I am anxious to see what the changes are myself. I'll let you guys know tomorrow night.....

Mike winchester has a race next Sunday. might you be game for that?

There is a race at Ace next Sunday so we will be going there. The next practice at Walden is May 10th on a Saturday, you should try and make that one.

Will do. I am anxious to see what the changes are myself. I'll let you guys know tomorrow night.....

OK, thanks Ike.

Well, I got back a little while ago. The track has definitely been changed. I'll do my best to describe it starting from the finish line jump which is the same. After the finish line, there is a giant sand section covering that entire straight. No more triple. It was all sand whoops, and it was gnarly. Every lap there were 2-3 people down in that section. It got so bad they stopped practice and dozed it flat. Still got rutted and whooped out, but not like before they dozed it. Same right, followed by 180 left and double like before. After the double, no more quad. Now there is a triple there (55-60'??). Not too hard to do. 3rd gear 3/4 throttle. After that, left kind of the same, but now has a kicker single on the inside, or you can go wide to a nice berm. Next jump is different. It's a step-up if you double it, step-down if you triple it. No more step up to table. It was hard to triple being it is pretty long (50'??), especially later on when the jump face got chewed up. Same routing after that, right/left/left. Here's where it changes quite a bit. Now you go past where it used to turn right to do the uphill double and go down and around a right hand off camber corner followed by a straight into the same right hander we used to use after the bottom straight in the old configuration. Out of that right, small double, left turn to uphill double. Go across the top like before, left at the end, downhill double, left at the bottom, back up the hill and turn right around that tree. Back down the hill, left at the bottom and then a straight with a RH kink in it to the old LH bowl turn before the pond section. After the left, same right as old to a small double to table, to triple. From there it is the same over that small triple before the whoops. The whoops have been redone. They were much deeper. Difficult to get thru. Hope that made sense.

I was a good day. Not to many riders.

The track changes were pleasing, they made the middle section a little tighter for better racing and passing.

Over all, the changes were welcome.

Woops were tuff for pretty much every one.

And some people JUST CAN'T ride sand! To funny!

Its still Walden!

A budy and I, were suportin my big bad xr120r and kill it! That thing is awesome!