husky 510sm gear box..

hey guys,

just wondering if the husky 510sm has a wideratio gearbox or a closeratio gearbox. reason im asking is because im planning on getting one so i can ride on the road ( back roads ,side roads and stuff like that). thanks guys

close ratio, same as the TE's, but the SM's different final gearing (sprocket sizes), for the riding you describe, you will love it :thumbsup: you can even gear it taller if you want, the 510 can pull more gearing & speed than most of us can ever use :ride:

thanks yea i think at the most ill be on the highway is around 5 miles and thats nothing. i would get the 610 if they made it look less ugly, also what would the topspeed of the 510 be?

I've read reports of the SM 510's hitting 105 mph & still pulling. I think I'd run out of nerve long before I ran out of speed. Check out the Husky forum on SMJ, lots of SM 510 owners there, there's a few here too that can answer your questions much better than me

hey guys,

just wondering if the husky 510sm has a wideratio gearbox or a closeratio gearbox. reason im asking is because im planning on getting one so i can ride on the road ( back roads ,side roads and stuff like that). thanks guys

The gearbox is much wider than a YZ250 or crf450R, it's like a crf450X but slightly closer. Compared to most street bikes the 510sm is light bike plus it has lots of power, it may go fast enough to please you.

The gearbox is much wider than a YZ250 or crf450R, it's like a crf450X but slightly closer. Compared to most street bikes the 510sm is light bike plus it has lots of power, it may go fast enough to please you.

thats what i wanted to hear :thumbsup: