called the chinese dealer "haha"

called the chinese quad dealer and he's no help. tried to change the oil in my nephews quad his way by using the dipstick guess what it is overfilled. tried to get him to tell me the exact amount from the service manual and he can't- that seems pretty odd.

my theory is that if you go by the dipstick that once you run it for a couple of minutes it will change, which it has. so what i was looking for was the exact amount so i could measure it out and then add it to the bike, so as to not be to low or to full. am i just crazy or do other people do it this way. from what i've researched at least one person has suggested the measuring way!!! this dealer kinda got a bad attitude when i told him his way was not correct -it was kind of funny that he got super po'd. he started telling me how he had be tearing motors apart since he was 10yrs old and how his family was in mechanics for 50 years and how he's raced offroad and on road all his life lol.

I just read your post.

I have an 08 ktm 530 and that's what I do. I measure the Oil out and in.

Just like you said, I do it so I do not over fill the bike.

You would think that the Dealer would know how much Oil it takes.

Ha, this Chinese thing is a hoot. We just bought a kart and in the specifications sections of the "manual" it says .73 litre, but in the oil change section it says 1.4 litres, yet I found ONE litre is about right. The way I check it is about the same way I believe most engines get checked. Just make sure the engine has set a little while (at least) to let the oil drain down and then just put the dipstick in without screwing it in, then pull it out and check. Hope that helps. PS The manual says 10-30, the sticker on the engine says 10-40!

I just read your post.

I have an 08 ktm 530 and that's what I do. I measure the Oil out and in.

Just like you said, I do it so I do not over fill the bike.

You would think that the Dealer would know how much Oil it takes.

north i was just looking at the ktm 530 the other day, but decided to buy a hat instead lol. now that is one sweet bike and i bet they would not tell you to guess how much oil goes in the cases. you would figure www.wildfiremotors.com would be able to tell you the exact specification of the oil amount!! add till it comes up full on the dipstick "whatever".

Ha, this Chinese thing is a hoot. We just bought a kart and in the specifications sections of the "manual" it says .73 litre, but in the oil change section it says 1.4 litres, yet I found ONE litre is about right. The way I check it is about the same way I believe most engines get checked. Just make sure the engine has set a little while (at least) to let the oil drain down and then just put the dipstick in without screwing it in, then pull it out and check. Hope that helps. PS The manual says 10-30, the sticker on the engine says 10-40!

exactly last time i changed the oil 3/4 looked good on the dipstick. this time 1/2 looked the same thats what i was trying to get acrossed to these knuckleheads(dealer and company)that i donot like their logic and when a dealer says that hes been tearing into motors since he was ten and raced on and offroad and sells chinese motorcycles i got to wonder because i have never seen a sunl or other brand moped or cheap mx machine jump anything. i'm a diehard kawa fan and rider so am i going to open up a moped store no i'm not. case closed ur honor!!! now if i could just unload this bike so i could get my nephew a green bike life would be great. it even has a fresh topend and low hours

wink, wink. well at least the low hours part is true!!!

its funny how that works lol.i know that all chinese stuff takes around a liter +/- a little bit but when looking in the manual it might say different.one of the last chinese quads i did really took the cake lol,it took about 900ml's to get it full on the dipstick(screwed in the case) but the site glass didn't even register:eek: so what do you do?i went by the siteglass because better over filled than under filled.(it took 300ml to come up the siteglass)

does'nt that or cause the oil to foam up, i go by the site glass to the full and if i do that it takes about two quarts and the oil foams (gets those tiny bubbles in the site glass, if i put in the recomended amount that is 1300ml it wont even show up in the site glass, so which is better ? 1300ml or bubbles ?