Sign in to follow this  

Happy Birthday Wreck for me! What new bars?

Man what a beautiful day for a birthday. Cant beat having it on a nice sunny saturday when i just moved some dirt around on my "track" yesterday. So why not go out for a spin on the x2? Couple laps around and what do you know, FACE FULL OF DIRT!

Helmet kept the headache to a minimum and minor scrathes on the shoulder is all so no bid deal at all. Unfortunately my bars with my nice new renthal kevlar grips permanently attatched with pro taper glue are all tweaked up now!

I'm already heading into a shop today so i'm wondering....

WHAT BARS DO I WANT TO GET FOR MY 08 X2?

Man what a beautiful day for a birthday. Cant beat having it on a nice sunny saturday when i just moved some dirt around on my "track" yesterday. So why not go out for a spin on the x2? Couple laps around and what do you know, FACE FULL OF DIRT!

Helmet kept the headache to a minimum and minor scrathes on the shoulder is all so no bid deal at all. Unfortunately my bars with my nice new renthal kevlar grips permanently attatched with pro taper glue are all tweaked up now!

I'm already heading into a shop today so i'm wondering....

WHAT BARS DO I WANT TO GET FOR MY 08 X2?

Pro Taper CRF50 bends & Kevlar Grips...Same thing....:thumbsup:

awesome thanks..didnt know cause they have those big tall clamps now.

then possibly the Pro Taper KLX bend they are a bit lower

cool cool thanks man, i'll just have to hold em up to my bent ass ones and see how they compare

The pro-taper xr50's are definitely a great bar. I hope you feel better, and if your helmet hit pretty hard, budget in a new helmet. Sounds a lot like my crash was and I ditched the helmet afterwards. Sucks, but I don't want to take a chance that it won't protect the next time I take a digger, because the way I ride, it's only a matter of time.

haha, yeah thanks for the advice guys. i didnt get a chance to pick up a set yet.

i didnt realy land that hard on the helmet, the shoulder took most of the fall! i definitley know if you take a good fall on the helmet you're supposed to replace it.

Happy Birthday Chase - Get those new bars so we can go to TV Land this week. I have Pro Taper xr50 bars on the green machine you might want the klx bend.

Yeah i've been kinda thinking abut the klx bend...just have to see them to compare the size to the stock ones i guess.

We better hit TV land this week i guess before i pack up and head down south. NC here i come i guess.

Hopefully putting the ssr together tonight too with my bro!

haha, na no pics sorry. i was out ridin by myself and the bars realy arent bent enough to get pics of...

yeah it annoyed the crap outta me at first, and now i hardly notice..

soon to be fixed though

just got some new bars mounted tonight. pro taper "honda mini" bend was a good match for the 08 x2 bars if anyones looking.

i'll get a pic up soon but i'm real happy with them