Wr250R(X) Taillight/Turn signal mod

I just finished modifying the taillight/turn signal unit on my WR250R and thought I'd share a photo...

afterwiring2.JPG

More detailed info is available HERE.

If anyone wants specifics like part numbers or whatever let me know.

Is it just as bright as the stock unit?

I believe it's much brighter actually.

Great mod, nice, clean work. Now come on over and hook my WR up.:thumbsup:

Great mod, nice, clean work. Now come on over and hook my WR up.:thumbsup:

Dude, if I can do it... anyone can do it. It's not hard at all.

If you get a chance and can post up the part #s you used

it would be great.

Nice job!

where did u get the turn signals?

where did u get the turn signals?

The turn signals were part of the unit made by trackside sales. I bought mine from Tacoma Motorsports. I'd guess that any dealer could order it. You may even be able to get it directly from Trackside sales.

I have a WR250R and am putting on a pair of the Zeta hand guards with the integrated turn signal.

When I removed the stock front turn signal, I see three wires ... green, blue and black. I think I just need a positive and negative for the Zetas ... I am assuming the black is negative (yes?) ... and does anyone know which of the other two are positive?

All help appreciated.

I have a WR250R and am putting on a pair of the Zeta hand guards with the integrated turn signal.

When I removed the stock front turn signal, I see three wires ... green, blue and black. I think I just need a positive and negative for the Zetas ... I am assuming the black is negative (yes?) ... and does anyone know which of the other two are positive?

All help appreciated.

Funny, I'm doing the same thing today. Yes, the black is ground. I've discovered that the green wire is for "steady on" and the blue wire is the flasher. Either one works fine by itself but I'm unable to get both to work together. (ie: I can have EITHER running lights OR flashers, not both) I'm mentally challenged when it comes to electrics but I think maybe a resistor would solve the problem?

Ideas are welcome!

Yes, the black is ground. I've discovered that the green wire is for "steady on" and the blue wire is the flasher.
Interesting ... I just finished mine and the blue is the steady ... green/brown is the flasher.

Here is a shot from today. I think the front looks much better with the Zeta XC's installed. Hopefully my DRC tail light and flashers will come this week so I can get that dang black thing off there.

zeta1.jpg

Interesting ... I just finished mine and the blue is the steady ... green/brown is the flasher.

Now I'm doubting my memory... I'll have to confirm my wires tomorrow. You're probably right.

Were you able to get it to work properly? Are you able to have running lights AND the flashers working? If so please let me know what you did.

It looks great! I actually really like the white guards, I have the blue ones and I'm thinking the white looks nicer.

Are you able to have running lights AND the flashers working? If so please let me know what you did.
There were only 2 wires on the Zeta XC's ... I couldn't see an easy way to get the running lights to stay on ... so I went with only flashers. I am interested if someone else can figure out a way to get them both to work.

Post a pic of your setup when you have a chance.

There were only 2 wires on the Zeta XC's ... I couldn't see an easy way to get the running lights to stay on ... so I went with only flashers. I am interested if someone else can figure out a way to get them both to work.

Post a pic of your setup when you have a chance.

I was planning on doing the same thing. My only concern (a small one) was if it was technically street legal to not have running lights.

I'll post pictures this evening.

You're right! I just finished mine as well and the green/brown is the flasher lead and the blue is steady. Thanks for catching my mistake!

Here's a photo of mine after the install. The bike is still a bit dirty but it looks much better without the old monster-sized turn signals.

8d1712061b204c44b8af05a67248403b.jpg

The bike is still a bit dirty but it looks much better without the old monster-sized turn signals.
:eek: Looks much cleaner now ... very nice!
You're right! I just finished mine as well and the green/brown is the flasher lead and the blue is steady. Thanks for catching my mistake!

Here's a photo of mine after the install. The bike is still a bit dirty but it looks much better without the old monster-sized turn signals.

8d1712061b204c44b8af05a67248403b.jpg

Damnit.....now see what you guys are doing to me.

I told the wife I wouldnt start doing mods on the WR like

I have on the Harley.

Now after seeing your bike I want to do the same thing. That

looks about 1000 times better than stock.

Sweet job man.

Damnit.....now see what you guys are doing to me.

I told the wife I wouldnt start doing mods on the WR like

I have on the Harley.

Now after seeing your bike I want to do the same thing. That

looks about 1000 times better than stock.

Sweet job man.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah... I wasn't going to do anything to it either but the turn signals in front and back were just too ugly for me. It's really not THAT expensive to put the nicer stuff on but what little it does cost is definitely worth it in my opinion.