Sign in to follow this  

Patch a pinched tube....?

I was installing my new Scorpion Pro front and pinched a brand new MSR HD tube. First time I've done this in 6-7 changes.

Whats the best way to patch this?

I know a regular patch works well for a puncture wound but I wasn't sure about a pinch. It almost looks like a small tear (about 1/3" long).

Unfortunately, I don't consider $16 cheap. I could have had it installed for me for $15.

Lesson learned I guess!

you ccan patch them it works fine i always patch mine go get the good patches i dont know the name they come with a yellow tube of glue and black patches

I was installing my new Scorpion Pro front and pinched a brand new MSR HD tube. First time I've done this in 6-7 changes.

I know a regular patch works well for a puncture wound but I wasn't sure about a pinch. It almost looks like a small tear (about 1/3" long).

You must be fealing better if your mounting new rubber, glad to hear it last I read you had a nasty wreck. I patch my tubes and use them as spares but allways like to have a new one in the tire. People have been patching tubes for a long time.

Goto a bike shop and get their best patch kit, it will last you forever, and they work.

My $.02

Local auto parts store will have the little wheel to roll over the patch when your putting it on. I always clean the tube with brackcleaner before I put the glue on.

Make sure that you use the round patches that are smooth and not the square ones with sharp edges.

You must be fealing better if your mounting new rubber, glad to hear it last I read you had a nasty wreck. I patch my tubes and use them as spares but allways like to have a new one in the tire. People have been patching tubes for a long time.

I couldn't ride for a while so I ordered a bunch of shit. Put on flywheel weight, front and rear rubbers, front and rear sprockets, new chain and am rebuilding/revavling my forks. This was an expensive accident!!!

Being a brand new HD tube, I am going to patch it. I just need to find a good kit. At $16 a pop, I ain't pitching it.