Sign in to follow this  

Bent shims on mid-valve...where to find them?

I am shuffling some of the shims in my forks. While putting the nut back on the rod, some of the midvalve shims caught on the rod and bent. It only put a small lip on the inside diameter but I figure these have to be pretty precise.

I put each shim between 2 clean pieces of wood and put it in my vise. It seems to have got them pretty straight but I fear that they are not perfect.

Is there a place I can buy shims individually? I only need 5 shims (4x24mm and a 22mm). I think they are all 6mm ID.

Does anyone have a box of shims they could help me out from? I could kick you a few $$$. I called a couple places that only sell them by 100's. I still have a few other calls out.

Bike is a 2005 KTM200exc

Thanks.

I am shuffling some of the shims in my forks. While putting the nut back on the rod, some of the midvalve shims caught on the rod and bent. It only put a small lip on the inside diameter but I figure these have to be pretty precise.

I put each shim between 2 clean pieces of wood and put it in my vise. It seems to have got them pretty straight but I fear that they are not perfect.

Is there a place I can buy shims individually? I only need 5 shims (4x24mm and a 22mm). I think they are all 6mm ID.

Does anyone have a box of shims they could help me out from? I could kick you a few $$$. I called a couple places that only sell them by 100's. I still have a few other calls out.

Bike is a 2005 KTM200exc

Thanks.

Sent you a pm

• Like 1

3 hours later and I have shims in hand! Thanks Russ...I'll definitely be in touch if I need some suspension work done in the future.

I'll look you up at upcoming harescrambles.

~Eric