Sign in to follow this  

Sedona Fabrication guru

After playing boulder pinball on my 41l zega cases I was left with some nasty tears where they ripped near the mounts. Found this Guy Rick who welded them back together stronger than new. This guy could weld beer cans together. Sharing him with you guys because not only was he good he was also very reasonable. He is in uptown Sedona and has his shop at his house. He has a shop to drool over. He is also one of those guys if he can't find a part or tool he can make it! Good people. Anyway without carrying on if you have a special need or problem he would be a great person to know.

Dennis

It's good to know, if we can actually find him...I get uptown Sedona... other than that???

Have a phone number? how did you find him? Have an address?

Thanks, Dennis.. does he weld aluminum? i assume that's what you were getting welded.

Did you get your carb problems worked out? I'm not sure if i knew which carb you had. If it's the fcr, the guy i know is pretty familiar with that.. if it's the mikuni, he's not as familiar. I'm going to be occupied for the next couple of weeks, but i could send you his email..

I may not have much computer access for the next few weeks, starting wed. i probably won't be on here much.

scotty

It's good to know, if we can actually find him...I get uptown Sedona... other than that???

Hello

My email is dcsdiego3@gmail.com. His name is Rick. Email me and

I will give his number to anyone who would like it. I got his permission to post about him but forgot to ask about posting his number.

Thx

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis.. does he weld aluminum? i assume that's what you were getting welded.

Did you get your carb problems worked out? I'm not sure if i knew which carb you had. If it's the fcr, the guy i know is pretty familiar with that.. if it's the mikuni, he's not as familiar. I'm going to be occupied for the next couple of weeks, but i could send you his email..

I may not have much computer access for the next few weeks, starting wed. i probably won't be on here much.

scotty

Thanks Scotty

I have ordered the correct petcock and was going to change it out. The bike is running again but I want to determine if the Noah gas flood is from D&K services installation of the wrong petcock rather than a float seat problem they claim. I will let you know. Sorry we have both been running in diff directions and not gotten together for some rides or golf around Sedona. I appreciate the email of your friend. I admit I don't know how to tell what carb I have. I also appreciate your help with all this. Safe travels. I will email the contact to Rick in uptown. To answer your question..Yes he welds aluminum.

Thanks Scotty

I have ordered the correct petcock and was going to change it out. The bike is running again but I want to determine if the Noah gas flood is from D&K services installation of the wrong petcock rather than a float seat problem they claim. I will let you know. Sorry we have both been running in diff directions and not gotten together for some rides or golf around Sedona. I appreciate the email of your friend. I admit I don't know how to tell what carb I have. I also appreciate your help with all this. Safe travels. I will email the contact to Rick in uptown. To answer your question..Yes he welds aluminum.

If the float is set right and and the valve seat is in good condition it should not leak. Does your bike have a vacuum operated petcock? If so, and it is leaking out the carb overflow,you have 2 problems to fix.

My original factory petcock had a vaccuum hose on it When D&K slapped on the cheap wrong one it did not have the vaccum nipple so they just plugged the vac hose with some putty and left it hanging.

I am renting a house here in Sedona and other than a driveway and rock front yard I don't feel comfortable about getting into my first carb work here. Scotty may have a guy that I can work with locally. Afraid I will make more of a mess than ness. and all the pains of trial and error learning alone.

Thx

I spoke with the fabrication, welder, guru type guy I spoke of and he said no prob posting his number.

His name is Rick and his number is 928 282 5362.

Thanks all for your patience while I checked with him first. And thanks for the suggestions on mmy drz carb problem to

My original factory petcock had a vaccuum hose on it When D&K slapped on the cheap wrong one it did not have the vaccum nipple so they just plugged the vac hose with some putty and left it hanging.

I am renting a house here in Sedona and other than a driveway and rock front yard I don't feel comfortable about getting into my first carb work here. Scotty may have a guy that I can work with locally. Afraid I will make more of a mess than ness. and all the pains of trial and error learning alone.

Thx

It is okay to use a non vacuum petcock, but you must plug or cap the vacuum line to the carb,which it sounds like they did. You may want to buy a little rubber plug or cap and just slide it on the carb and get rid of the hose all together.In fact I always get rid of the vacuum type petcocks,cause they can fail to allow gas to flow, which can be a big problem.Check the new manual petcock, and make sure it stops the flow,and that you know where reserve and off are. Then you just need to adjust or replace/adjust the seat and float assembly. Where are you located? Prescott?

It is okay to use a non vacuum petcock, but you must plug or cap the vacuum line to the carb,which it sounds like they did. You may want to buy a little rubber plug or cap and just slide it on the carb and get rid of the hose all together.In fact I always get rid of the vacuum type petcocks,cause they can fail to allow gas to flow, which can be a big problem.Check the new manual petcock, and make sure it stops the flow,and that you know where reserve and off are. Then you just need to adjust or replace/adjust the seat and float assembly. Where are you located? Prescott?

Thanks for the help. I am in Sedona. I have been riding my GS650 since the drz not up to par. Is it a very involved project to check that float seat? I would guess I just manually check it seals and turn the gas supply on. I downloaded the manual for the bike but have never taken carb apart. When I took it in to them I had probs but never had gas flowing out like that saturating the carb and dripping on the ground.