Sign in to follow this  

DR 650 headshake

hello everybody

i have a strange problem: after going offroad with my 92 DR 650 R, each and every time when coming back to tarmac, it headshakes all over the place, even at speeds of 70-80 kph. the bike has no technical failures as i know (it is currently in the workshop and they are checking it) and anyway this happens only AFTER riding offroad. the tyres are pretty offroad, they are Michelin T63.

a friend told me it might be that the oil from the fork heats while going offroad, so the front suspension becomes looser than the back causing the bike to be unbalanced. is this possible or true? or am i just an awful rider?

thanks a lot

could be the forks or shock or both. Pound 'em offroad and they're gonna get hot, and perform differently than when you're just street riding.

SS

could be the forks or shock or both. Pound 'em offroad and they're gonna get hot, and perform differently than when you're just street riding.

SS

and do i have a solution for this? or i have to get used to it? or buy a trailer?

idk what the conditions are like where you ride, but could it be the wheels getting all mudded up and becoming really unbalanced? Or maybe for some reason the shock is getting stiffer and/or the forks are getting softer which is changing ur front end geometry?

idk what the conditions are like where you ride, but could it be the wheels getting all mudded up and becoming really unbalanced? Or maybe for some reason the shock is getting stiffer and/or the forks are getting softer which is changing ur front end geometry?

i'm riding field dusty road (i'm a beginner so no deep mud yet :thumbsup:) so no mud is clogged on the wheels

the bike is currently in the workshop but if nothing is wrong with the suspension (no broken springs and normal fork oil level) what can cause it? do i need to change something in the suspension? or i just have to take a break before riding on tarmac?