Tires

I am currently using Michelins but am going to try the Conti Force supermoto tires next

-----------------Paste from -----------------------

Bar none, the most recommended street tire available for your street-going Supermoto bike. Yes, the 150 rear will fit fine on your DRZ, really. Really! Great street tires. You can even use these tires regularly on the track. Very predictable, quick warm up, rated for your bike's speed and weight, rather than that of a sportbike. As a street rider, Continental aren't the first tires that come to mind when targeting a supermoto tire- but realize that sport bike oriented tires are made for heavier faster bikes, not your little light weight SM bike with a top speed of 92 mph. You want these tires on your Street supermoto, end of story.For supermoto bikes it is recommended to have 'H'-rated tires allowing speeds up to 210 km/h. And so the ContiForce SM also has an 'H' speed rating. Perfect handling is ensured by the more pointed casing of the newly developed front-wheel tire. The front tire´s tread also gives more grip in extreme situations because the tread grooves do not run as far into the shoulder, leaving more rubber for a good hold at the tire footprint. These supermoto tires incorporate a specially developed, softer compound, which also guarantees excellent cold grip versus pure racing tires.Go with the Continental Supermoto tire. Enjoy them.

The conti sm was great, but the commuting killed it in less than 2500 miles on the rear.

Ok i got 1700 miles outa my rear and the cords were showing!:eek:

Maby it was from multiple wheelies...i mean as long as the bike is warmed up, im gona hammer it in 2nd through 4th:bonk:

Anyone use Pirelli MT-60's?

I ride some dirt roads and was wondering how they worked.

Pirelli MT60R radials are awesome. I run them on easy off road jeep trails , gravel roads and sandy trails as well as twisty pavement. Fantastic tires!

I ride them very hard and got 2,500. miles on a set. The rear tread wore out on the sides before the bottom. The front tread blocks start cracking and seperating at 2,500 miles so you need to replace it as well. They are super smooth on the pavement and have great wet road traction. :eek:

Anyone use Pirelli MT-60's?

I ride some dirt roads and was wondering how they worked.

Pirelli MT60R radials are awesome. I run them on easy off road jeep trails , gravel roads and sandy trails as well as twisty pavement. Fantastic tires!

I ride them very hard and got 2,500. miles on a set. The rear tread wore out on the sides before the bottom. The front tread blocks start cracking and seperating at 2,500 miles so you need to replace it as well. They are super smooth on the pavement and have great wet road traction. :eek:

Dennis from the DRZ forum started a nice thread about these tires. Seems like they do really well on road in all conditions (Pilot powers they are not, but still great). They seem to do really well off road as well. I will definately be getting these for my next tires. Many of the twisty paved roads I ride have an occasional pot hole or sand/gravel strewn accross the road. These tires will be great for wet/dry traction, dirty roads and the occasional light trail.

Link to Dennis' thread:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628405